Parallon Technology Solutions' (PTS) Strategic Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a cross-functional advisor and customer advocate. This service is designed to support a long-term partnership between PTS and the strategic customer in order to strengthen and maintain critical customer relationships that are necessary to sustain the customer interaction model and a high degree of satisfaction. The TAM is typically leveraged by the largest PTS enterprise and global customers that are making wide-scale strategic commitments to the PTS product offerings and the transition to IT service delivery models.
Backed by the full resources of the IT&S organization, the TAM leverages extensive implementation experience and a comprehensive understanding of the customer environment to drive on-going success with PTS solutions. To accelerate the customer’s return on investment and mitigate risk, the Technical Account Managers:
• Build executive sponsorship with insight into PTS strategy, comparative customer benchmarks and access to IT&S executives
• Serve as an extended members of both the customers organization and the Service Management and Delivery team to ensure visibility of progress with PTS solutions, including implementation status and return on investment
• Provide program management for key initiatives across multiple lines of business, customer organizations and application owners
• Serve as advocates to escalate customer needs and concerns across the IT&S organization
• Facilitate architecture validation from IT&S and partners to help guide customers and plan their deployments
• Provide customized best practices to support expanding IT service delivery infrastructures
The TAM's also ensure complete continuity between infrastructure technical solutions and HCA’
s business strategies for Clients supported out of the Parallon Technology Solutions line of business. These technical solutions will be a combination of new and existing technologies, leveraging developed standards for infrastructure investments to provide a scalable and flexible bridge between the enterprise network and business requirements.
He or she also provides oversight for services and implementations of client’s solutions which are delivered by IT&S. These responsibilities will require Subject Matter Expert knowledgeable skill sets across various infrastructure technologies, services and components.
The PTS organization provides sales and service support across ~140+ sites across the Client base – each of which will be refreshed and redesigned to support our Client’s business strategy. This expanding customer base and enterprise infrastructure requires excellent prioritization and organization skills in the TAM role in order to effectively oversee multiple concurrent client initiatives.
The position may have oversight of complimentary technical resources from time to time, but will typically be characterized as a leadership and liaison role whereby a broad extended virtual team will be leveraged to yield a satisfactory customer experienced on a consistent basis. Sound communication skills must combine with superior technical and business acumen to deliver solid solutions in accordance with our customer commitments. The oversight that the role will engage in spans all facets of delivery from solution visioning / inception to day-to-day sustainability of the customer experience. Additionally, the role must carry out routine, methodical metrics evaluation that will be used to demonstrate the value delivered by IT&S solutions on behalf of our paying customers.
Frequent interactions with the customer are required, ranging from executive to technical interactions. The ability to translate complex topics into easily understandable concepts is vital. Position will interact regularly with the Business Systems Surveillance Center, Client Support Services, various project managers, business partners, vendors, Product Development specialists and other IT&S staff/management and end users/customers on envisioning, developing and sustaining solutions that meet customer requirements. Excellent written and oral communications for presentations, technical white papers and infrastructure proposals will be required. Project management and problem management in-depth skills are required to effectively meet HCA business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
Leadership skills are a must to maintain positive business relations with employees, customers, business partners, peers and other IT&S personnel. Effective delegation and management of resources and work requests are required to continually produce positive work results and meet business objectives and timelines. A positive outlook and strong team orientation are necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and foster a cohesive delivery network.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
• Large/Complex business case proposals and analysis of the technologies, financials and project plans.
• Strategic planning and new technology assessment.
• Communicate consistently with direct leadership and company leadership as to issues, concerns and/or potential road blocks that may occur.
• Ensuring proposed/planned infrastructure solutions meet business and strategic needs.
• Ability to effectively articulate the aspects of PTS solutions in support of the customer requirements.
• Strong alignment to the PTS sales team and customer organizations.
• Close relationships and interactions with the operational delivery vehicles
• Daily interactions with the customer
• Routine interaction with customers to assess and address issues and business objectives
• Support the sales cycle by liaising with the sales team on compatible opportunities that meet customer needs
Performs the above competencies under AVP level management general supervision.
Qualified candidates must be experienced in the following areas of IT:
- Data Networking Technologies
- Utilizing various versions of NMS platforms / Microsoft Office Suite, plus Visio and MS Project / Excel
- Use of collaboration tools a plus, BMC Remedy and CA Clarity knowledge preferred
- WinTel/Unix Server Technologies
- EMC/IBM/NetApp Storage Technologies
- Data SecurityTechnologies: Checkpoint, Nokia, Cisco ASA, Juniper
In addition, qualified candidates should also have:
- 4 years experience in management or supervision in an IT technical and/or operational role (Professional Services experience strongly preferred)
- 10 years IT experience managing vendors, contracts, project management, and technology procurement.
- Candidates must have proven ability to manage technology projects including new system development, installations, etc.
- A college degree is required.
- Must be able to excel in a very close working team environment
- A high degree of self motivation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please list all Cisco, Microsoft and other industry specific certifications when applying.
HCA Inc - 10 months ago