HTC is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry and a recognized pioneer in smartphones. Today, HTC continues to build on an already impressive list of innovations and industry firsts.
As a world leader in Windows Phone and Android-based handsets, HTC is building its market share by creating a widely recognized brand name and bringing a broad portfolio of products to market that are designed to meet the diverse needs of people.
Hit products like the DROID Incredible 4G by HTC and the HTC EVO 4G continue to be received with widespread acclaim, and HTC continues to make history again with the newest technology and next generation 4G smartphones - which only hint at what the future holds for HTC.
The Technical Account Manager will own all elements of the technical relationship between the wireless operator and HTC. The ideal candidate is one with a deep expertise in LTE (B4/B13), CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, and WiFi networks and also possesses strong customer facing skills while taking pride in being the subject matter expert. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) will report to the Senior Technical Account Manager, and also will support the regional account team members on a daily basis. To be successful in this role, it is essential to learn and maintain the customer’s technical requirements better than the customer and be in a position to successfully partner with them around the design and launch of new mobile handsets.
- Technical evangelist for HTC devices, HTC Sense, and HTC services. People will come to you for answers before anyone else.
- Primary interface between HTC and wireless operator’s engineering, device certification, and product marketing teams.
- Develop long-term relationships with these same customer teams
- Subject matter expert on all HTC devices, serving as a point of reference for customer inquiries and managing appropriate follow-up responses to all technical inquiries.
- Provide critical view into “real world” applications which can be used to improve HTC products and processes.
- Able to understand, articulate, manage and respond to customer’s detailed technical issues in a timely and concise fashion (same day mandate).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional teams at HTC headquarters and in the North America offices to assure the successful development and execution of the products
- Help drive closure of all pre and post launch issues (both internal and external).
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in the wireless industry
- Expert knowledge of call processing flows in LTE, CDMA, WCDMA and GSM networks
- Strong knowledge of L2 / L3 messaging and log analysis (QXDM).
- Working experience with 3 rd party application developers.
- Ability to work flexible work hours within an global business environment
- Expert knowledge on 3G/ 4G technology, GSM/UMTS, Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, and Messaging.
- Experienced with Android and Microsoft mobile OS preferred
- Experienced in device certification processes (including all 3 rd party testing).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to address and articulate all issues professionally and without assistance.
- Problem solving based on data gathering, root cause analysis, troubleshooting, understanding of conflicting priorities and perspectives.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience. Masters would be a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer