Technical Account Manager
Successful candidates will have a solid technical foundation, especially related to Linux and messaging, a proven track record of successfully interfacing with clients on both technical and non-technical levels, experience driving projects to completion with little direction, and above all a passion for ensuring a top quality client experience.
Note: this is a field position and we are open to candidates located in the Eastern continental US.
- Provide ongoing and proactive technical leadership and support to Proofpoint’s largest and most strategic customers.
- Manage and monitor all support interactions, serving as an internal advocate for strategic customers, responding to customer escalations, and proactively escalating when needed.
- Direct crisis and incident response, working with technical support, operations and engineering teams to ensure timely resolution, while communicating effectively with customers.
- Meet regularly with strategic clients, both remotely and on-site, to review support interactions, system status, major issues, upcoming releases, and other pertinent items.
- Create and deliver customer presentations that outline system performance, potential issues, and suggested forward courses of action.
- Develop deep understanding of customer’s business and operational needs.
- Oversee and spearhead special projects as directed.
- Maintain deep practical technical knowledge of Proofpoint’s integration within the customer's environment, including network, security, systems administration, and messaging management.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive strategy to meet complex customer requirements utilizing Proofpoint’s solutions.
- Provide proactive recommendations that support the customer's requirements, roadmap and ongoing technical needs.
- Identify and prioritize short term and long term goals.
- Plan and lead process improvement initiatives tailored to improve customer satisfaction with the services and interaction with the Proofpoint Team.
- Plan, document, and identify risks and challenges for production changes that span multiple services or technologies.
- Communicates effectively with peers and manager alike to ensure the highest quality of delivered support.
- Interacts with team members, product management and other design groups regarding project level issues.
- Provides regular, proactive communication regarding project assignments, scheduling, design issues, and problems.
- Seeks and gives technical assistance across project boundaries. Acts as a resource within department on their area of expertise.
- Receives limited direction and requires little supervision on assigned tasks.
- Works independently on routine tasks..
- Responsible for scheduling own time and for quality completion of multiple tasks within a varying environment of changing constraints.
- Uses independent judgment within broad parameters.
- Designs and implements solutions to complex problems with minimum supervision.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of industry experience in an client/professional services, sales engineer, senior support engineer, IT operations management, or senior engineer role with exposure to multiple technology areas
- Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies, specifically email and networking
- Working knowledge of Linux, SMTP, and MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Very strong customer service and excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- A history of successfully leading and directing technical staff through crisis situations
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
- Working knowledge of project management and strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently
- Travel: up to 50% (domestic and international)
Proofpoint - 14 months ago