Save the Children
The Technical Administrator, Help Desk, Westport, CT will answer all forms of correspondence sent to the centralized Help Desk . The Administrator will follow up with technicians and users as appropriate to ensure work completion and satisfaction. The Administrator will provide basic technical assistance for any support calls that can be handled remotely, and provide reports to the Associate Director, Technical Support and other management as needed.
- Answer all forms of correspondence sent to the centralized Help Desk (including but not limited to phone calls and emails) from Save the Children personnel and fulfill the request or log the request in the Help Desk system.
- Follow up with technicians and users regarding work completion and satisfaction; provide weekly report to appropriate management regarding past due tickets for example.
- Serve as Administrator of the Help Desk System, to include but not limited to monitoring tickets to ensure that they are closed in a timely manner; perform maintenance of the Help Desk System.
- Perform desktop repairs at end users locations within the building; perform Operating System installations, application installations, upgrades and updates; support video conferencing and Webex sessions when necessary.
- Provide support for cellular equipment to include but not limited to configuration, set-up, troubleshooting and user training.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a customer service role. Previous Help Desk experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiar with computers and computer-related concepts desirable.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player
- Problem solving, able to multi-task, highly organized
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
Save the Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Save the Children helps poor and malnourished children in about 15 US states and about 120 countries, focusing on such areas as health and...