Carestream has an exciting opportunity for a technician in White City, Oregon.
This technical administrator will work with Tollcoating and Carestream Advanced groups to provide day to day technical and administrative support for product development and production of Tollcoating and Advanced Material products.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Make Orders, standards, and testing.
- Create sample books for product engineering and customer use.
- Coordinate receiving and shipping activities for pilot coater trials.
- Assist in summarization of data for presentation to customers.
- Assist in billing activities.
- Coordinate scheduling of assets and people with others in plant.
Required Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Assist with the development and execution of product and process trials.
- Assist in the development of product quality standards, test and tools for the manufacturing processes to be used to determine product acceptance.
- Assist with required documentation to support products and processes.
- Assist with analyzing process and test information for continued product performance and to identify opportunities for quality and cost improvements.
- Follow all work instructions including standard and change documentation.
- Understand information contained in the chemical MSDS and how to locate.
- Complete all required training.
- Up to date certification for respirator use (fit test and medical evaluation).
- Safely operate equipment.
- Investigate defects and assist in determining root cause.
- Independently recognizes problems and applies product/process knowledge to make decision on corrective action or escalation.
- Able to work unique shifts and hours as related to customer demand. Standard schedule will be Monday – Friday (8-10 hour shifts, Days). However, depending on trial schedules, night shift work may be required as well.
1. A technical Bachelors degree, ideally in Chemistry, other degrees okay or equivalent experience.
2. Computer skills such as Lotus Notes, Excel and Word.
3. Strong mathematical skills.
4. Analytical Troubleshooting skills.
5. Self starter and self motivated.
6. Detail oriented.
7. Lean Manufacturing principles.
8. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
9. Ability to read and follow written instructions for standard processes, change documents and experimental trials.
10. Independently manages daily workload.
11. Proficient with manufacturing business systems: SOS, SAP, etc.
12. A desire to do “hands on” work.
13. Willingness to work with hazardous chemicals.
14. Willingness to work off shifts
15. Able to organize work and effectively manage use of time.
16. Able to troubleshoot issues in a complex and fast-paced environment.
17. Adapts to changing work conditions without loss of efficiency or effectiveness.
18. Professional and effective communication skills within crew, other departments, and customer interface.
Carestream Tollcoating provides precision wide web roll-to-roll coating services on a contract manufacturing basis. www.tollcoating.com
Carestream Advanced Materials develops and markets advanced material flexible substrate products. www.carestream.com/adv-materials
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nano materials.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream Health - 18 months ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...