Responsible for all technical information on prototype salesmen sample, pattern check/counter sample developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in partnership with the “creative” design team and Product Engineers in setting up and maintaining styles from inception through Pre-Production.
- Researches and compiles all material information, creating detailed material spec by color.
- Partners with pattern makers, knit pattern makers, sample hands and contractor representatives on technical set ups & assembly with the goal to ensure Designers vision while creating production friendly set ups
- Manages WIP information monitoring sample due dates, production release dates and holds of assigned styles on a daily basis
- Releases, monitors and troubleshoots manufacturing of prototype, Salesmen samples, Patternchecks/Countersamples.
- Participates in Pattern Check/Countersamples fittings of assigned styles to get fit & change directive from Product Engineering Management
- Decision Making
- Embraces Change
- Honesty & Integrity
- Design College education with technical /manufacturing emphasis
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience in the fashion/design related areas.
- Basic knowledge in the area of pattern making and product construction.
- Functional experience managing a design database program like Gallery
- Efficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs and a company intranet
St. John Knits - 17 months ago