Technical Analyst 1
1. Analyzes, evaluates, designs, develops, implements, patches, upgrades, configures, and tunes Single System and Oracle EBS environments as well as other assigned applications. Enforces new standards and procedures for existing systems. Responsible for ensuring minimal system downtime, a secure environment, and backups are in place. Provides support for custom interface development. Provides 24x7 support for the production environment. Proactively identifies and corrects problems. Prepares and updates documentation for new and modified systems, environments, hardware and software or databases. Works with internal IT and business personnel as well as external B2B partner technical staff. Ensures projects meet all business, technical and development specifications.
2. Prevents downtime, increases system availability, monitors performance, manages data and/or ensures data integrity. Gathers, evaluates, and measures data on performance/capacity and reports on key measurements. Participates in product evaluation, product installation, and product upgrade efforts. Installs and configures hardware and software products, as well as new standards and procedures.Performs maintenance on supported systems. Enforces procedures that promotes efficient and effective use of system environment and resources. Addresses technical issues escalated within the team.Works with lead to identify impact of proposed solutions on applications and systems performance. Reviews system, technical and internal customer documentation for accurate content. Assists in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation. Reviews system and internal customer test plans.
3. Ensures environments are available and secure for system testing, integration testing, pilot testing, internal customer testing, and production. May be required to staff disaster recovery site.Ensures that service level agreements are met. Works with business to resolve technical issues.May be required to provide 24 hour on call support.
4. Performs additional responsibilities as assigned. Expectations associated with this position are outlined further in the IT Job Expectations document - please refer to that document for a detailed list of additional requirements for this position.
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. Basic SQL skills. Experience in technical support and testing. Familiarity with HPUX or Linux and networking as relates to integration software; Experience in webMethods, UC4 Operations Manager, Applications Manager, and/or Automation Engine; and Shell scripting preferably K shell preferred.
3. Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
4. A minimum of 1-2 years of IT experience a plus
5. Travel may be required.
Corp-IT Ops-IT Infrastructure-185-19
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative products and systems that build the environments in...