Posting Job Title Technical Analyst Requisition # 137810BR Posting Location Charlotte, NC, US Area of Interest Information Technology Services
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Technical Analyst for our Business and Technical Operations Group within the TSG Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage the day to day operations of all G2B applications in our support structure. The ideal candidate should have the technical and troubleshooting abilities around J2EE applications. This candidate must be proactive and must understand key application and monitoring strategies .
Candidate must be able to:
- Communicate and articulate key issues to constituents.
- Represent the team during incidents involving any of the applications we support
- Required to learn detailed knowledge about the applications support, to level of being able to troubleshoot key issues.
- Understand capacity management and use the monitoring tools to view CPU, Memory, Disk space, etc. for each application supported and respond to/report any issues
- To work with cross functional teams such as the infrastructure, business operations, network, Oracle, and monitoring teams.
- Weekly report into management on key operational activities and issues is required. Candidate will also be required to participate on requirements, development, and functional testing reviews. Candidate will be required to coordinate and participate in production deployment meetings.
Requires strong interpersonal, problem solving, troubleshooting, and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with all levels of management. A strong IT background is a must with key understanding on various technologies previous listed such as (BPEL, SOAP, XML, WSDLs, XSDs, Weblogic / Websphere, J2EE, systems integration, networking essentials such as TCP/IP, routing, and firewall concepts. Experience with enterprise monitoring is plus (HPOV, Site scope and Mercury products). Ability to translate monitoring metrics into reports and impacts to operations and knowledge of Crystal Reports would be helpful. The ideal candidate is self motivating with ability to represent the Business and Technical Operations Support team in key meetings. Capable of translating post mortems into actionable work items executing on them. The candidate will be expected to be a part of a rotating on-call schedule and could be involved in night or weekend work if an incident arises.
Minimum 5 years Information Systems/Information Technology experience. Previous troubleshooting and analysis experience. Comfort level with Microsoft Excel, Project, and Word. Junior level project management skills would be a plus but are not required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
No-Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Travel >10 %
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC HQ452 Controlling Establishment ID 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Time Warner Cable - 23 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...