The Technical Analyst, under the direction of the Director of Enterprise Management Systems and the supervision of the Project Director, Financial Services, serves on a cross-functional team responsible for the implementation and support of Enterprise Management Systems Applications for Catholic Health Services of Long Island. Responsibilities include both technical and functional support.
- Works with members of the Enterprise Management Systems team, other teams in Information Technology, and Finance and Decision Support staff to implement Financial Systems aimed at improving efficiencies and supporting CHS management decision making with Finance and Decision Support systems.
- Works with Finance and Decision Support team members to support an efficient implementation of operational decisions on the systems.
- Provides technical support and guidance for the Allscripts EPSi and other implementations by documenting requirements, proposed solutions and implementing those solutions after obtaining approvals.
- Provides continual communication to the Project Director, Financial Services and escalates to the Director of Enterprise Management Systems as required.
Has or gains a solid understanding of Allscripts EPSi product suite and implementation process by attending courses and/or working with vendors as required.
Has or gains a solid understanding of technology components required for Allscripts EPSi implementation.
Assists the Project Director, Financial Services in preparing formal documentation of scope, requirements, issues and quality of the project.
Utilizes technical knowledge to ensure a smooth and accurate flow of data between systems, and accurate reporting from Finance and Decision Support systems.
Communicates with project team members both in IT and in the Finance and Decision Support departments to ensure project goals are achieved.
Communicates any perceived or potential delays to the Project Director, Financial Services, for escalation and resolution as appropriate.
Supports and adheres to strong project management principles and IT change management policies and procedures.
Helps to communicate proper expectations for all members of the business community, including promoting new systems and representing them positively to the user community
Contributes to and consistently applies CHS Services’ policies, procedures and benefits to all customers and/or employees by effectively working with all customers and CHS personnel without discrimination.
Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Administration or Business Administration or equivalent and a minimum of five years of experience in a progressive IT environment is required.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills are essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications and has the ability to quickly learn new software products.
- Proficient in use of query and reporting tools, SQL, Crystal and/or programming language and the ability to work independently to apply logic and knowledge to new software.
- A predisposition to collaborate with others in the attainment of common goals and objectives.
- Creative, innovative and flexible in responding to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
- Self-directed and motivated professional with a desire to assist the organization achieve its business objectives.
- SQL Server database skills a plus.
- Willingness to travel from entity to entity.
- Experience working as part of a team on large, long term projects preferred.
- Past success with large-scale projects. Strong understanding, appreciation for, and use of IT process and project management tools and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience with Allscripts EPSi or similar healthcare decision support system preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in related setting required.
Catholic Health Services of Long Island - 16 months ago