Istonish is a minority owned, privately-held, award-winning business enterprise, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices located in Texas, Minnesota, and Wyoming. When you join Istonish, you become a part of the team dedicated to delivering outstanding technical and customer service to our clients.
We are seeking a Technical Analyst to provide a comprehensive analysis and recommendation for a system replacement and/or enhancement alternatives.
This contract is approximately 4-6 months in duration.
Location: Denver Metro area.
The following skills and experience are required:
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in performing business and technical analysis of large IT applications
Broad knowledge of project management processes
Strong communications, leadership and analytical skills. Good written and verbal communication skills
Full lifecycle experience with system development and implementation projects.
Ability to work with a wide variety of staff at different levels in the organization
Ability to work under tight deadlines
Demonstrating good writing skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Demonstrating the ability to be self-motivated and requiring little direct supervision.
Demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills as it relates to the subject material.
Demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively with others; and facilitate meetings and communicate effectively with business practitioners and IT staff
Qualified candidates at a minimum must address the following requirements as deliverables to the client:
1. Create an Executive Summary of the project objective.
2. Provide a summary of the current state of the organization, stakeholders and partners, system and interfaces including the critical business functions that must be available.
3. Using an evaluation framework developed in conjunction with multiple client stakeholders evaluate the direct and indirect costs (both implementation and maintenance), benefits, user impact, consequences, risks, and timeline associated with the following four options:
a. Leave existing system unchanged
b. Enhance existing system
c. Build new system using internal resources
d. Purchase and customize a Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) or third-party, transfer system
4. Define how each option will contribute to business objectives, both directly and indirectly, including supporting documentation such as best practices.
5. Define if and how each option will meet all requirements.
6. Define how each option will impact existing automated systems.
7. Define the benefits and challenges of integrating each option into existing automated systems.
8. Provide comprehensive analysis for top recommended solutions including a summary of the technical framework
9. Complete a resource assessment including staffing requirements for ongoing support and maintenance of each option. The staffing requirements shall include, but are not limited to, client business and IT staff.
10. Complete an estimated time line for completion of each option.
11. Analyze how each option will support a mobile working environment.
12. The application is an Oracle based system with a PowerBuilder frontend, and a Crystal enterprise as a reporting tool. The version of PowerBuilder currently being used for new development and maintenance is 10.5. The version of Oracle currently being used for the application database is 10g. The standard for the operating system used is Windows XP Professional. The system is accessed via a Portal and is deployed to a farm of Citrix servers. There are multi-directional interfaces with other applications utilizing different communication methods and software tools: Jdeveloper OC4j, EntireX Communicator, Sybase Open Client, Apache CXF, PL SQL, UNIX SHELL SCRIPTS, PRO*C, Sftp, Unix C, TIBCO Cyberfusion. These interfaces are critical to both this system and the other external applications.
ZipRecruiter - 7 months ago
We help you do more with less.
Technology can be complicated. But, what we do for our clients is simple. Istonish helps you accomplish...