Technical Architect, Product Development, Director(Job Number: 17802)
Avanade provides business technology services that connect insight, innovation and expertise in Microsoft technologies to help customers realize results. Avanade’s services and solutions help improve performance, productivity and sales for organizations in all industries. The company applies Microsoft expertise from its global network of consultants, drawing on the right mix of onshore, offshore and nearshore skills, which together are designed to help deliver results faster, at lower cost and with less risk. Avanade, which is majority owned by Accenture, was founded in 2000 by Accenture and Microsoft Corporation and serves customers in more than 20 countries worldwide with more than 16,000 professionals. Additional information can be found at http://www.avanade.com/.
The Avanade Software and Cloud Services (SCS) team is at the forefront of producing software products, cloud services and service line accelerators that drive global business growth for Avanade. Our mission is to help our customers realize results by being a best-in-class software business combining innovative new product ideas, with business knowledge and a global-scale customer sales and delivery channel. Through our cloud service delivery model (including public, private and hybrid models) we provide our clients with unprecedented flexibility, scalability and cost advantages.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to help us define and build the future of our next-generation cloud services platform. As Technical Architect, you will be the recognized technical expert responsible for the planning, design and implementation of technology in support of the launch and rapid evolution of Avanade’s new cloud services offerings. You will collaborate with Product Management to set technical direction, address and resolve technical issues, drive the technical architecture, integration technologies and software performance, and development tools and architectures. In doing so, you will be responsible for defining technical requirements and software/architecture to support business requirements, developing technical architecture components, participating in detailed design and code reviews, reviewing system performance and consumption issues, reviewing test plans, and providing technical guidance, developer training, and support to others. We expect the Technical Architect to define and ensure adherence to architecture standards and ensure the proper technical design decisions are being made. You may also be involved in presales, sales and support activities.
You will be expected to interface with other Technical Architects, Application Architects, and Delivery and Account Leadership to define and validate requirements; contribute to business case development, coordinate project schedules, budgets, request management and work authorization.
-Product Management and Requirements Development – Work with the appropriate parties to analyze, propose and implement technology strategy to and for the product managers.
-Understand market-driven business needs and objectives; and technology trends and requirements to participate with Product Manager to define architecture requirements and strategy
- Responsible for strategy, plan and design on how the technology and the technology architecture will support the software requirements
- Conduct impact analyses of changes and requirements to the technical architecture and technology of the software
- Analyze, determine, and document technical requirements for release, enhancement or defect
- Define software/hardware requirements
- Design Artifact Management and Creation –
-Plan and develop technical standards for development teams
- May develop user stories and other design artifacts
- Participate in the functional and technical design of the product
- Lead, direct and participate in new technology adoption
- Participate in design code and test reviews as appropriate
- Perform impact analysis and design for software defect or change requests as appropriate
- Provide inputs to test planning
- Develop or support development of user training, documentation, conversion tools, etc.
- Provide assistance in scheduling design work
- Software Presales and Sales Support –
-May support presales and sales efforts on an ad-hoc basis
- May have a temporary role in a presales or sales support team
- May provide training and support to presales engineers
- May be involved in extraordinary client support efforts (e.g. critical problem resolution, critical design reviews, etc.)
- Engineering Support and Management –
-Estimate and procure required staffing, skills, and other resources as needed
- Ensure work assignments use skills of team members and offer opportunity/challenge for skill development
- Lead or participate in setting service levels
- Create work plans which define scope, resources, milestones, quality, risk, deliverables, and acceptance criteria
- Ensure that application technological design remains within project scope
- Coordinate the design and development of technical work estimates
- Provide accurate and useful project, architecture or issues status reports
- Work with team members to enhance their business and/or technical knowledge
Scope of Work
- Autonomy and Decision Making: Manager - Independent, operating with significant autonomy and latitude with broad goals, direction and complexity;directs the work of others; sets strategic direction; decisions have major day-to-day impact in functional area of responsibility.
Director - Leads and sets strategic direction; participates in strategic planning, process development & portfolio transformation; Consulted for expertise to resolve broad business issues and/or wide impacting people-related problems; Leverages extensive network of inside & outside contacts to increase influence; skillfully navigates through complex situations; accountable for medium to large, highly complex projects, strategic clients, multi workforce and multi delivery sites; removes barriers and is a key architect of creative solutions and innovation.
-Daily Work: Accountable for the overall operational execution of the function; and has accountability for achievement of targets across area of responsibility.
- Impact & Contribution to Business: Delivers outcomes with high business impacts; is a thought leader; actions can cause or prevent delays, inefficiencies or expenses.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience Required :
Years of Experience
-5-7+ years of experience with a proven record of successful software product development, technology architecture, including ideally SaaS product experience. Backgrounds in managed services, SaaS operations are highly relevant.
-2+ years of management experience desired but not required
-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Master’s degree a strong plus.
- Operations Architecture
- Solution Architecting
- Development Architecture
- Application Security
- Business Case Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Database Architectures
- Estimation, Planning and cost management
- Operational Excellence and Management
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Release & Deployment Management
- Requirements Development and analysis
- Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Scope and Requirements Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Technology Innovation
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Travel: No |
Job Type: Standard
Region: - Software & Cloud Services
Job: Solution Developer
Capability Group: GT&S - Solutions Management