Job Order: J1213-0386 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Technical Architect
Category: Information Technology
City: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Job Description: Technical Architect
The Technical Architect role requires supporting the project manager in overseeing task assignments that are aimed at executing a contract and with specific responsibility to make sure that all technical matters of the project run smoothly and come together as planned at the end when the system goes live. Ability to liaise with team members with varying technical backgrounds, from management to designers and programmers in the client IT department. Technical Architect responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development.
- Provide integration architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Technical Analysts, Application Engineers, Senior Database analysts, Systems Architects, and Application Architects.
-Provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the technical team.
-Document and develop in-depth knowledge of Health Insurance Exchange domain architecture, hardware and network infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Assess, make recommendations, and communicate plans for choice of specific tools and technologies
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization or for a major application area, to meet the business and application and technical support requirements and/or technology initiatives
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry direction for technology.
- Overall technical implementation and quality of assigned projects and technical domain
Required / Desired Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years experience with developing and deploying Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web service development.
-Strong inter personal skills with ability to work on cross-functional teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Experience with various database platforms including Oracle
- Ability to mentor and lead other technical team members without having direct supervision responsibility.
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, independent, and able to work well with stakeholders and project staff with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work with a technical team comprised of internal and external resources.
- Able to lead teams to consensus decisions on complex business and technical data challenges.
- Hands-on experience in Core Java/JEE skills like JSP, Servlets, JDBC, SpringMVC, Hibernate, Quartz, XML & Web services .
- Hands-on experience with any of these application servers Weblogic,
- Hands on Identity Management experience preferably with Oracle IDM
- 3 + years of RedHat along with Virtualization (e.g., ESX VMware, VMware)
- 3 to 5 years in technical solution design and development leadership roles.
- Designed & implemented at-least 2 large enterprise web applications.
- Demonstrated hands on ability in architecture, design and development of scalable, complex Java / JEE software applications
- Demonstrated Experience on evaluating products/tools for specific requirements for integration with existing system.
- Should have experience on conducting trainings/sessions for teams on Upcoming Technologies and application of the same.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting Issues on Applications with quick and long term solutions.
- Demonstrated abilities using Profiling tools and guide teams through effective Application Performance for both
- Demonstrated capabilities of designing and building tools and reusable frameworks to ensure minimal development time and modularization
- Enterprise Services Bus technology such as Oracle SOA Suite ESB
- Business Process Management technology such as Oracle BPM
- Business Rules Engines such as Oracle Policy Automation (OPA)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ) At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- SOA/Enterprise Service Bus
CGI - 8 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...