AIG has an opportunity for an Architecture Technical Specialist in its Global Claims Technology division to support ongoing architecture work.
As a Architecture Technical Specialist, your responsibilities will be to create application and solution architecture designs in support of AIG business objectives. The job functions include:
- Participate in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Help articulate business requirements associated with projects and develop and gain buy-in for high-level designs (Conceptual Architecture) that support the business requirements.
- Create detailed end-to-end architecture designs that address the business requirements and that will be used by application, testing and other downstream stakeholders as input for their activities. Specifically, create architecture designs that entail the following elements: System Architecture, Application Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Security Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, Service Oriented Architectures, and Business Process Management.
- Provide architecture leadership and mentor projects consisting of employees and outside contractors. Conduct design reviews, code reviews, progress reviews and other project specific governance.
- Participate in the development of Information Technology Strategies and Roadmaps in support of the business strategies.
- Help in establishing architecture and application development standards and best practices and actively participate in the architecture teams continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools.
Websphere Process Server, IBM Websphere ESB, DataPower, Rational
- Total 10+ years Software experience
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Application\Solution Architect
- Business Process Management & Work flow experience
- Extensive Java-based application development experience
- Extensive experience using J2EE technologies
- IBM technology stack experience - Websphere application server, IBM
application developer and Rational software architect
- Familiarity with Microsoft-based technologies
- Significant Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design and Web Services expertise
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) experience
- Messaging experience
- Object Oriented Design and Analysis expertise
- Proven experience in architecting complex web based applications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Capability to schedule time with flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines
Bachelors degree in Computer Science and Engineering or relevant software experience.
- Less than 25% travel will be required.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube : www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter : @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/company/aig
AIG - 10 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...