Job Description: As one of its “Standards” functions, the Customer Insights and Standards team oversees over 100,000 customer-facing “vanity” URLs for ALL of AT&T and is the business owner of the tool in IT which maintains our “vanity” URL infrastructure. The Technical Architect who performs the governance function for our URLs performs three critical tasks on behalf of the entire corporation; failure in this role or with any tasks relating to vanity URLs can single-handedly derail device and product launches.
1) Owns the policy and guidelines for URLs with which all employees must comply. The guidelines cover items such as appropriate use, formatting and destinations of “vanity paths” (used in marketing materials as a shortcut to our web pages. Example: www.att.com/dsl ). The guidelines also cover URL and web domain standards for working with vendors when websites are outsourced to protect both AT&T and our customers and to give AT&T ultimate control or our web presence regardless of who may build a website.
2) Performs all Governance reviews and approvals of all vanity paths and web domains in accordance with the policies described in item 1 above.
3) Acts as the business owner of the IT system which manages all vanity paths and domain names for AT&T. There are over 75,000 active vanity paths in use by AT&T, many/most of which are generated by the Digital Experience organization and its clients. There are also several thousand domain names which are tracked and approved via the governance system. The work with IT includes specifying needed system upgrades to make entry and review of requests faster for both clients and the Governance team, specifying reporting requirements for the tracking, management and analysis of domains and vanity paths and troubleshooting errors encountered by the systems end users in conjunction with the IT team.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 2-5 years experience working with existing Vanity Path/DNR tool
- 3-5 years working in a technical eCommerce capacity
- Experience managing technical aspects of eCommerce projects
- Experience writing business requirements for systems
- Experience writing user documentation on how to use systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- 7 or more years related technical experience
- Must understand and have experience in all software development aspects of application design, programming, testing, and implementation
- Formal training or hands on experience in the following technical skills may be required:
- .net technology
- Object oriented development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in building multiple versions of large customer facing systems addressing performance and scale
- Enterprise wide deployment planning and support for mission critical applications for major releases, both business and infrastructure related
- Develop technical documentation on applications and systems
- Takes initiative, quick learner and desire to seek answers from test team members and other groups
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...