Ascend Consulting is a premier project based consulting firm focused on business process and technology consulting within Capital Markets and the L&A Insurance markets. We find solutions and implement change throughout our Fortune 500 clients primarily in Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey . Ascend clients use our services to improve their business and technology processes. Our approach provides a disciplined management model, focused on performance and user interface delivery. Ascend's greatest success however has always been in our ability to attract and retain some of the industry's top consultant, which allows us to continually exceed client expectations. We provide our employees with an atmosphere that enables them to continue to learn and expand their careers.
Architect Description :
We are currently searching for a Technical Architect with technical design and architecture experience to be an integral part of a project team working on a major client project. This individual will quickly execute an architectural assessment which will outline the recommended technical approach to satisfy the future state goals and objectives for their soft dollar business.
The role will require you to collaborate with domain and information technology experts to successfully translate future state business vision into a finished solution for competitive advantage. As an Architect , you will be tasked to understand the client’s current state and creation and presentation of Future State proposed solutions.
You will have a demonstrated history of working on complex Financial Services projects. You have demonstratable experience working with business and technical users within fast paced financial institutions to asses current state and propose future state architecture.
- Analyze and recommend technical design and overall architecture
- Provide recommendations around the appropriate balance of system properties as well as internal design properties.
- Create and preserve conceptual integrity across multiple systems
- Promote architectural goals such as adaptability
- Understand technological possibilities
- Identify risks and perform meaningful feasibility studies
· Strong analytical skills.
· Exposure to iterative methodologies, especially case based with an in-depth understanding of a SDLC.
§ Previous Technical Design experience including recommendations for the following:
- Previous formal consulting experience preferred.
- 7+ years of professional experience within financial services.
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree preferred.
§ Services layer, including applicable rules engines, services, and communications
§ Data layer, including client data normalization, meta data, transformation data, and storage requirements
§ Reporting layer to satisfy internal and external creation and delivery methods
§ Presentation layer, including portal and security requirements
§ Exception management, including error capture and handling
§ Ability to ensure Architecture Compliance with respect to application, data, exception, and reporting layers, including:
§ Consistency across the organization within appropriate design boundaries
§ Logical and functional integration decomposition, including associated systems and subsystems
Ascend Technologies, Inc. - 17 months ago