In the time it takes you to read this sentence, the Brightcove video player has been loaded over 9,000 times worldwide. That's over 1 Billion video player requests per week!
Brightcove is the pioneer and leader in providing Online Video Platform services. At Brightcove we are shaping the future of digital media. Our customers include corporate product marketers, large non-profit organizations and major media companies across the globe, among others. Brightcove is all about people: smart, talented and team-oriented players who influence and partake in our amazing journey.
Brightcove’s consulting team designs and develops custom video-centric Web and mobile solutions for a variety of customers across the globe. Our mission is to offer designs that enhance the video experience and to utilize the latest technologies to build purposeful products that push boundaries. Our solutions often involve multiple products and services including Brightcove cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS), Digital Right Management (DRM), Analytics, Advertizing, subscription and monetization engines. We like to hire smart and team-player engineers with a passion to solve complex and interesting problems and to learn and utilize new technologies.
We are looking for a smart, talented and experienced technical architect. This position will work closely and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to formulate complex media centered solutions. These solutions often involve a number of products and services including Brightcove’s cloud-based video services, monetization, analytics, DRM, CMS and Advertizing engines.
The technical architect will also support presale efforts by identifying, qualifying, and scoping technical proposals. Additionally, this position will oversee the implementation of the software solutions.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a technical lead, technical architect, and/or business solutions architect, responsible for large scale application design and architecture involving cloud-based software (SaaS) and platform (PaaS) services; preferably in digital media industry
• Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions to complex business requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A passion for learning and investigating new technologies, services and products
• Prior experience in multimedia and/or video streaming
• Prior experience in integration with CDN, DRM (Widevine, Adobe Access) , Analytics (Google, Nielsen, SiteCatalyst), Media Advertizing (IMA, DoubleClick, AdSense) and Paywalls
• Strong foundation in computer science, including competencies in data structures, algorithms, concurrency control, object-oriented software design patterns and software optimized for embedded systems (i.e., storage and latency optimization)
• An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college/university
• Prior experience in design and development of mobile (iOS or Android) applications
The Work Environment
We are located in Boston’s innovation district within walking distance from the South Station. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in E-Verify.
Brightcove - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard