The Technical Architect (TA) is responsible for developing IT solutions to business problems for our customers in the corporate real estate and facility management industries. The TA works closely with business partners to determine technical requirements for Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software implementations. The Technical Architect is responsible for delivering technical system solutions and determining the overall direction of technical design, implementation, and support engagements. This person will be a key player within a closely-knit and highly focused team that drives company growth. The Technical Architect will also help provide ongoing technical support services as required for project engagements. This opportunity could be based in Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, San Jose, CA or in Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
· Analyze customer’s technical challenges and take a primary role in the design and implementation of comprehensive solutions that integrate smoothly into customer environments.
· Responsible for the overall reliability, scalability, and availability of technical solutions.
· Develop of data structures, processes, and network models to optimize performance and reliability of technical designs.
· Provide technical leadership and ensure technical integrity within systems, subsystems, and applications.
· Create and design data mapping documents and work closely with the development and application teams during the development phases.
· Coordinate with software engineers, business analysts, and quality assurance resources in accordance with established deliverables and deadlines to configure and customize software.
· Design and implement integrations with third party software and customer legacy applications.
· Lead and participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
· RDBMS Schema Modificatio ns to support application functionality and data requirements.
· Map and migrate data across database systems and develop data migration interfaces to integrate disparate applications using tools such as stored procedures, DTS, scripts, etc.
· Customize and/or enhance business software applications including GUI development/customization, report development, script development.
· Develop of new software applications to meet specific client business objectives.
· Perform Quality Assurance testing to ensure quality of deliverables, prior to the execution of internal quality testing by assisting team members.
· Create and manage proj ect punch lists for assigned deliverables using BRG tools.
· Ideally proficient in one or more IWMS domains: Building Operations, Space Management, Lease Management, Project Management, Furniture, Assets, Strategic Master Plann ing, Telecom, Capital Budgeting, Condition Assessment, and Emergency Preparedness.
· Participate in consultative planning sessions with the client’s key project stakeholders – typically senior management in the facilities and real estate, information technology, finance, and human resources departments. The planning sessions normally involve:
o Analysis of Client Requirements with respect to systems and process workflow.
o Analysis of Existing Information Systems, Datasets and Client Staffing to forecast complexity of integration of the solution into the client’s existing systems/operations.
o Guidance and management of the Client through decision-making processes regarding cost/benefit, timelines, and operational and change management issues.
o Education of the Client regarding industry best practices as well as the capabilities of technology and the benefits of associated BRG services.
o Defining the Scope of Projects (with assistance from the BRG project team and the client) and working to set the client expectation for the resulting project deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of TRIRIGA , Archibus, Centerstone, Manhattan, Accruent or other IWMS or EAM software REQUIRED . (IBM / TRIRIGA developer certification preferred.)
· B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related discipline or at least 5 years related experience.
· Proficient on Oracle RDBMS platform.
· Experience in Oracle database design, development, and implementation as a part of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for business applications.
· Experience administrating an enterprise-level RDBMS.
· System administration experience on Microsoft platforms and supporting technologies (including Windows servers, VMWare, IIS, Apache, JBoss, WebLogic, etc.).
· Strong understanding of network technologies (LAN/WAN architecture, security, etc.) and hardware devices (e.g., routers, switches)
· Knowledge of web processing/design, software development, service oriented architecture (SOA), and object oriented programming (OOP) concepts.
· Experience with one or more programming platforms/languages and development tools such as Microsoft .NET (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET), J2EE (Java, JSP, JavaBeans), T-SQL, XML/XSLT, etc.
· Strong and proven technical aptitude.
· Ability to be a quick learner, think from a strategic perspective, strong attention to detail and quality, high creativity and good problem solving skills.
· Solid customer service acumen and interpersonal relationship skills.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
· Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Good judgment during stressful situations, especially when interacting with clients, staff and other employees.
· Willingness to take ownership of requests; prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Decisive on project issues with reasonable input from functional experts on the team.
· Provides vision and insight to push technical innovation.
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with client management.
· Working knowledge of Facilities, Real Estate and Asset Management industry and practices.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
· Ability for potential international travel.
As a condition of employment, background checks and reference checks are mandatory for all new employees of Business Resource Group. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States.
BUSINESS RESOURCE GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Business Resource Group - 8 months ago
Business Resource Group is a provider of workspace products and services to businesses. The Company markets a full range of new office...