Data and Databases
Remote Work Authorized
May 9, 2013, 11:22:09 AM
CSC is looking to hire a Technical Architect to be based out of Bloomington, IL. This position is technology independent but the candidate should have knowledge on application architecture , application integrations and distributed applications and general Web Architecture.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with Technical Architecture practitioners to understand their needs for enablement of the Technical Architecture practice.
- Understand architecture concepts, industry best practice for architecture practice, current TA practice and SF direction for the enablement of the business and IT.
- Identify processes, tool, and integration solutions needed to enable the Tech Arch practice.
- Work with IT Architecture support analysts for other disciplines to identify and resolve integration opportunities and issues.
- Work with owners of those solutions to initiate work to establish those solutions.
- Develop materials, educate and consult on the effective use of processes and tools for the enablement of the Technical Architecture practice.
- Responsible for the integrity of the architecture.
- Leads or coordinates vendor product reviews, evaluations, demonstrations, proofs of concept and implementations.
- Promotes and follows stated infrastructure strategy, architecture, guidelines, standards, procedures and policies.
- Coordinates and conducts architecture reviews to ensure infrastructure issues are appropriately addressed.
- Navigates system organization in order to better understand and integrate solutions to resolve infrastructure needs, as directed.
- Coordinates/may lead strategic work and/or contributes to strategic work (I.e. cross departmental or enterprise initiatives).
- Maintains solid relationship and strategic partnering skills with business partners, team members and external associates.
- Translates business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs; designs and builds appropriate data repositories and data movements (dimensional databases) to ensure that business needs are met. Creates database models which serve as blue prints for project engagements of all complexities.
- Designs and oversees the implementation of data transformation and change processing procedures to ensure that data from multiple sources is aggregated, normalized and updated and then published to multiple target environments.
- Interacts with clients while designing internal and external data interfaces to ensure that database development needs are according to client specifications; coordinates with clients, external data providers, and business team to ensure that business model is accurately represented and understood by all relevant parties.
- Establishes data standards and policies, data modeling, systems architecture design, and migration system architectures to ensure access to and integrity of data assets.
- Analyzes changes in online transactional processing, business processes, and external information sources and recommends modifications, to improve quality of applications and meet additional requirements.
- Coordinates activities of database analysts and other database personnel to determine appropriate database deployment strategies and parameters, to ensure cost effectiveness and system efficiency.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analysis, while maintaining integrity and confidentiality of information; conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused, or duplicate data for better management or quicker access.
- Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluates hardware and software platforms, and integrates systems to ensure that integration is effective and meets client specifications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in data analysis or computer programming
- Experience working with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Experience working with company hardware and software products to make sound financial recommendations
- Experience working with programming design and coding languages
- Experience working with industry standards, regulations and guidelines in database warehousing and other relevant systems
- Experience working with information security practices and available security software packages
- Experience working with relational databases
- This position is technology independent but the candidate should have five or more years on application architecture , application integrations and distributed applications.
- Five or more years of experience in General Web Architecture is required
- This candidate will be responsible for setting the architectural direction and overseeing architectural implementation by, working w/teams to create design documentation, helping teams understand and plan for changes in technology direction, and being a trusted source of technical information to General and Financial Services Solution Centers.
- The candidate should posses high level of technical expertise needed to set architectural direction. This includes defining, developing, implementing, governing and maintaining IT Architecture processes and procedures.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong skills in data administration, design and architecture
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers and management
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 19 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...