The Business Intelligence Architect analyzes and designs technical solutions to meet business needs. This can be accomplished through the creating or updating of existing software applications and products. They convert project specifications into detailed designs that are used as a blue print to build a solution. Performs a variety of complicated tasks while leading and directing the work of others. Helps mentor and grow team members in best industry standard practices for SDLC activities related to software development. Employs the appropriate level of tact and diplomacy needed for maintaining a cooperative relationship with other developers and customers, and an ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people. Reviews project documentation with team members for all assigned projects to ensure that the requirements are clearly defined. Partners with infrastructure and architecture team to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements. Works with minimal or no supervision on multiple concurrent projects and to coordinate the work of others in this environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Related Activities
Develops the following standards to be used by IT Development:
- Plays Project Architect on Infrastructure Projects and Technical Lead and developer on Strategic Projects.
- Designs solutions using modeling methodologies, such as the Kimball methodology.
- Creates/designs cubes for OLAP, MOLAP, etc.
- Builds SQL Server Integration Services ( SSIS) packages.
- Develops reports using SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS).
- Designs cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS).
- May lead and direct the work of others. Responsible for leading the developers on projects
- Reviews business requirements and participates in the creation of functional specifications
- Creates Technical Specifications Documents
- Leads the coding and implementing of new product features.
- Diagnoses and fixes bugs in new and existing code.
- Leads peer code reviews
- Detailed Design Template ( Modeling)
- Source Code Control Methods
- Deployment/Packaging technology & Processes
- Peer Code Review Process
- Versions of development tools
- Coding Standards
- UI Standards
Provides input to the Architecture Review Team ( ART) on identifying new Technology categories as well as selecting new Technology and Products.
Partners with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements
Assists business liaisons evaluate cost-benefit and ROI analyses
Understands system interdependencies and collaborates with project teams accordingly
Provides Tier 2 & 3 support of production Systems
Membership on product CAB as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree required: Bachelor of Arts /Bachelor of Science in computer science or a computer related discipline preferred, or the equivalent experience in computer related field.
- 10-15+ Years’ experience in software development environment.
- Strong SQL Server experience including SQL Server 2008
- Proficiency using SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS to build packages, develop reports, and design cubes
- Adept ability to create/design cubes for OLAP, MOLAP, etc.
- Strong data modeling experience with broad knowledge of modeling methodologies, especially the Kimball methodology.
- Understand project management process methodology and when and how to get issues resolved and decisions made
- Strong skills in object oriented design techniques
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- In depth knowledge of database structures and design
- In depth knowledge of packaging technologies and deployment development
- Strong skills in evaluating technical documentation for accuracy and completeness - Technical Specifications
- Understand Application Integration techniques and technologies including Middleware
- Understand test class development
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies ( e.g. Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)
- Broad technical experience and knowledge in computing architectures and implementation of technologies across a variety of computing platforms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and conceptual skills
- Experience with translating business requirements into system functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience with business and system process flow techniques using UML ( e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve highly technical computer systems
- Demonstrate the ability to find and utilize industry relevant information for technical research
- In depth knowledge of development tools and technologies available for developing new solutions ( Experience designing graphical user interfaces using graphical design tools)
- Ability to articulate technical issues to testers, developers, managers and customers
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Can effectively communicate the company’s vision and direction and how technology is used to help achieve that vision
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills that can provide focus for a group to work together to produce a professional quality product
- Thrives on challenging projects
- Self-motivated and highly responsible
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently, good organization skills
- Effectively manage resources on projects
- Can reduce highly charged technology debates into technical analysis and their relation to a project
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A positive and flexible attitude, with a desire to develop new skills
Office environment. Able and willing to work extended hours as may be required to support existing application and to meet delivery dates for new or revised applications.
Decision Source is a market leader in delivering application development, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions. We create success for our customers through relationships that encourage collaboration, communication and results. We continually employ innovative technologies, products and solutions that improve our clients' business results. Our highest priorities are focused on quality, professionalism, and developing long-term relationships.
Decision Source, Inc.
Decision Source, Inc. - 10 months ago
Decision Source is a market leader in providing consulting services for application development, data warehousing and business intelligence...