Bachelor degree or equivalent job experience required; B.S. in Computer Science, Networking or Electrical Engineering preferred
Ten years of experience in engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor multi-protocol environment required
Seven years of experience designing networks for a VoIP Softswitch-based CLEC or ILEC with an integrated voice and data network required
Five years of experience integrating and managing DNS (internal and external), Email, and other hosted platforms required
Expert level experience with IP administration and management and with Cisco Switches and Routers (experience with Juniper platform acceptable) required
Experience with Siemens, Avaya, Cisco, and Polycom VoIP and Audio Bridge platforms preferred
Experience with services such as L2VPN, L3VPN, and VPLS; and with SIP and H.3.23 preferred
- Work with internal and external customers to understand current and future requirements and develop scalable and cost efficient voice network design and operating solutions.
- Research and document new products and tools; interact with vendors for the purpose of investigating new equipment and services and resolving pending platform challenges.
- Perform complex engineering, design, implementation and maintenance tasks on the LAN and WAN.
- Research, evaluate, and approve hardware and software solutions for complex problems; work with third party; vendors to drive product roadmaps and feature enhancements.
- Continually plan to ‘harden’ and expand the voice network and make recommendations to management on desirable additions and development.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of highly complex network problems and act as a high level escalation point for Network Operations Engineers.
- Test, provision, operations and emergency response for ongoing VOIP network operations.
- Overall responsibility for the operation and security of the IP networking environment.
- Ensure system availability, redundancy, security, and performance of equipment and functions.
- Design of Large Scale L2 and L3 Networks
- Document Network Architecture and Topology changes, and implement automated backup of configuration files
- Create and maintain service provider security policies
- Provide internal management reports on system usage and violations.
- May be assigned responsibilities to oversee junior engineers
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Federated Tower Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- South Pointe location – Canonsburg, PA 15317
- Ability to initiate and complete projects with minimal direction and guidance
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to influence and drive consensus on multiple technical views
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 05/24/2013
Federated Investors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, ancestry, veteran status or genetic information as well as any other prohibited criteria under any applicable local, state or federal law.