The Information Technology team at Monsanto integrates technology and scientific expertise into our efforts to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology. As an IT professional with Monsanto, the work you perform will be interesting and challenging, and you’ll be directly involved in the development of new systems and applications. Working in Monsanto IT, you can feel proud that the work you do directly affects Monsanto and helps to support our goals of producing more, conserving more and improving lives all across the globe.
Monsanto is currently looking for an innovative individual interested in contributing to the Research and Development (R&D) Information Technology (IT) Internet of Things (IOT) strategy. The Technical Architect is a key member of a dynamic team of highly skilled individuals focused on designing, implementing, and governing the technical strategy for an R&D IT group that partners directly with Monsanto scientists to accelerate a research pipeline focused on feeding the world.
The ideal candidate will facilitate organizational change and drive towards an industry leading technical and IOT strategy, engaging individuals at all levels of the R&D IT organization as well as the broader Monsanto community. Responsible for defining and implementing the technology strategy across Web and Mobile platforms, the Technical Architect will research and bring current industry trends to the table, evaluating them for both risk and fit to business requirements.
This position requires a unique blend of skills and experience in the areas of infrastructure, middleware, networking, security, RFID, and application development.
- Technical investigation along with customers and third parties to create enterprise solutions to business problems
- Design, deliver, and document multi-platform architecture with a focus on architectural standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability, and security
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate
- Define, apply, and drive the use of patterns, best practices, and standards
- Ensure strategies, standards, and reference architectures are consistent and well integrated
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience with machine to machine integration
- 5+ years of application development (mobile, web, client/server)
- Demonstrated technical problem solving abilities
- Demonstrate past experience in the following areas:
- Application development using Enterprise Java, SOA middleware,
- Device communication
- Wireless communication
- Operating Systems knowledge
- Agile development
- Demonstrate in depth understanding of:
- Leading edge architecture and design patterns, programming practices, development standards, and testing methodologies
- Industry trends, development products and environments, as well as best practices for mobile and internet of things connectivity
- Exposing API’s for external usage
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Create a project plan, manage deadlines against that plan, and deliver quality results
- Work effectively within a matrix culture
- Communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors, and internal resources in clear, concise language that is tailored to each group
- Experience in the Agriculture or Biotech industries
- Understanding of usability principles and user centered design
- Digital imagery and analysis
- Big Data integration (Oracle, Hadoop, Cassandra, Couch)
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management
Monsanto - 17 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...