Move Inc (operator of realtor.com ®) is looking for an energetic and talented Technical Architect / Sr. Microstrategy Reports Developer to be a part of the business intelligence group in San Jose, CA. Business intelligence is the cornerstone of our data driven culture and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about data to join the team. In this role, you will be a key contributor to the success and direction of business intelligence at Move. You will design and develop data solutions using MicroStrategy to provide insights to our business, our customers, and our partners. In addition, you will lead and foster data related technology innovations for the BI team as well as serve as an active contributor to our technology roadmap. |
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide thought leadership and expertise in designing and building world class business intelligence applications
- Work closely with data warehouse and ETL teams on designing flexible and scalable data models for ROLAP across all enterprise data assets
- Have deep understanding of the Move business model and data sources to design and develop business intelligence solutions to drive our business
- Key participant in data stewardship and data quality initiatives. Design data audit reports to proactively capture future data issues.
- Design, architect, and develop business intelligence applications with MicroStrategy.
- Work closely with business users, QA, and other development teams in all stages of the BI development lifecycle.
- Analyze requirements and scope projects that are achievable, acceptable and consistent with customer expectations and architectural principles
- Lead performance tuning and stress testing initiatives.
- Keep up to date on latest Bi directions/trends, identify technologies and methodologies that can add further value to Move.
- Evangelize the value of business intelligence and data warehouse
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in requirements gathering, data modeling (dimensional & relational), MicroStrategy architect, report and dashboard development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintaining and administering large enterprise MicroStrategy Deployment
- Ability to technically lead and own multiple projects to meet deliverable timelines and SLAs.
- Ability to effectively explain complex issues and concepts in simple, understandable language to technical and business audiences
- Demonstrated experience being a member of DW/BI team responsible for end-to-end project implementation
- Passionate about creating would class BI Solutions and experiences for our consumers, customers, and partners
- Highly productive, self-motivated, creative, focused, with excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Extensive experience with relational databases and SQL (SQL Server -Preferred)
- Experience with data visualization techniques and tools (such as Tableau, Spotfire - Preferred)
- Experience with user adoption methodologies and practices (Preferred).
- Experience with distributed processing analytical technologies (Hadoop, Hive, etc - Preferred)
- MicroStrategy SDK (Preferred)
- SQLServer Integration Services (SSIS) (Preferred)
- Experience in clickstream instrumentation and analytics (Preferred)
Move, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Move, Inc., a subsidiary of News Corp, is a leading provider of online real estate services and operates the Move network of real estate...