At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Technical Architect to join our team in Albany, NY.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, support, and troubleshoot Unix\Linux operating system hosting Oracle 11g database
- Install, configure, support, and troubleshoot Microsoft Server 2008/2012 web and application servers within a VMWare environment.
- Manage the IIS web server and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Support application software tools such as OBIEE and TFS
- Collaborate with technical workgroups to identify and document server infrastructure needs and prioritize subsequent implementations
- Document server environment configurations, procedures, and policies
- Follow implementation standards and best practices for planning and notification of end users and stake holders of production changes. This will include providing timely justification, plan for implementation, projected impact on users, and critical nature of change. These practices will be conducted using current or future change control systems
- Collaborate with technical workgroups to develop a server migration plan for the existing-to-new system and existing-to-new location
- Exercise strong facilitator skills for interacting with multi-disciplinary teams, translating server infrastructure subject matter information into requirements for technical specification and translating technical information for business/program consumption to ensure consistency and common understanding across the stakeholder groups
- 7 years of experience as a Technical Architect working with Uni\Linux including installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support. (For example: Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- 7 years of experience working with VMWare including installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support.
- 6 years of experience translating and documenting technical information for business/program consumption to ensure consistency and common understanding across the stakeholder groups.
- 6 years of experience with process flow and reporting / data diagram development using tools such as MS Visio, MS Office, and SharePoint for use in requirements or technical documents.
- BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world, with operations in more than 40 countries. The 6th largest global IT services...