As the Technical Architect, you’ll be responsible for creating the architectural framework and managing a group of senior software engineers and UI architects our Core Architecture & API team. You’ll lead the Java & Ruby development of our web, mobile, and tablet products in an Agile environment. The Technical Architect will also help lead strategic product & technical planning to ensure a world-class customer technical experience that is scalable to meet expected growth.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery and mentoring teams. Our business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Lead development team to ensure the technical architecture is robust, scalable, highly available, and consistent with best practices
- Manage staffing and career development of technical resources, including participation in recruiting activities such as resume review & interviewing candidates
- Set technical direction for the Core Architecture & API team, ensure adherence to good coding standards, as well as document current architecture and lead design of future architecture
- Participate in strategic and operational planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources and budget.
- Work with other technologists and product owners to determine cadence, timing and staffing for releases.
- Ability to function at high level as well as detailed, able to lead development efforts and mentor others around architecture and possess a good understanding of the kernel and O/S.
- High frequency trading development/architecture experience is required
- 8+ years of web–based development work experience including high-volume, highly parallel architectures using low-latency messaging schemes.
- Demonstrable architecture skills
- 4+ years architecture experience developing frameworks and SOA-based solutions including things like big data, domain modeling, API modeling
- 2+ years managing a software development team
- Expertise in Java, c/c++ and functional languages
- Working knowledge of front-to-backend web-based technologies versed in alternative architectures and OS projects
- Some mobile development experience
PEAK6 Investments, L.P. - 21 months ago
PEAK6 is a financial institution founded on one simple notion - there has to be a better way. By asking the tough questions, and...