Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae turns education dreams into reality for its 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
1. Systems Analysis/Design
a. Analyzes the system requirements for medium to large scale projects. May work individually or with other Technical architects and business analysts to evaluate communication technologies such as MS Exchange, Contact Center applications, Windows Server based Voice /Messaging applications , Cisco Networks etc.,
b. Translates the analysis into a systems design for medium-to-large scale projects. Determines the best technical architectural design for a system while still meeting the business requirements specified in analysis. Maintains technical knowledge of such things as current system integration, performance issues, and flexibility of technical tools available. Will work with other technical areas within Information Technology (e.g. Database, Server, Security , etc.).
c. Assists other architects with the planning and designing of systems and tests for projects involved. Responsible for identifying scenarios from all affected business functions and detailing their affect.
d. Reviews all major changes to assigned systems. Ensures optimal decisions have been made regarding analysis, design, and implementation of all projects.
e. Leading technical design work to develop new solutions and implement new features
2. Business Customers
- Serve as subject matter expert to other technical members of the program
- Gaining and maintaining an understanding of the current and future state of audience needs in relation to the UC platform.
- Acting as a point of contact for other technical areas to ensure the alignment of strategic plans.
- Creating architectural decision documents and/or Statement of Work (SOW).
- Transforming business need into high-level target architectures and logical design.
- Creating Strategic planning artifacts (e.g. Context Diagram, Package Diagram, Component Diagram, and Deployment Diagram).
a. Works with Internal and external business users to analyze and work requests and initial definition of changes to the business function.
b. Work with business operations/IT support teams to understand IVR/Telephony integration, Network, and communication including email/chat /web needs
c. Partnering with Business Architecture on the development of strategic plans.
d. Helping business partners to understand scope, risk, and cost of requested capabilities.
e. Maintaining a horizontal view across multiple business lines to streamline capability requests as appropriate.
3. Project Management
a. Participates in special projects requiring a blend of technical and business expertise. Some examples may include click to chat, Video conferencing with external customers, Business to Business VoIP solution etc.
3. Problem Resolution
a. Researches or participates in problem investigation of a system, business, or technical nature. Examples may include answering audit questions or researching complex production problems.
b. Troubleshoot issues which are highly complex. Guide other staff in problem resolution and works tasks to completion
- 5 To 10 experience designing and implementing medium to large scale IT infrastructure solutions involving multiple platforms and applications.
- 3 to 6 Years of Windows Server and Windows Server based Applications
- 3 to 6 Years of Supporting any VoIP Telephony infrastructure( Avaya or ININ preffered.)
- 2 to 3 Years of experience in Unix or Network technologies. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of structured analysis, design, testing methodologies, and implementation
- procedures for medium-to-large scale projects
- Thorough understanding of Unified Communications with Lync 2010
- Thorough understanding of Structured Query Language
- Thorough understanding of OSI Model
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES -
- 2-3 years of Work experience deploying application solutions in enterprise arena
- Cisco or Microsoft certifications
- Understanding of .NET framework
- Understanding of Web based application technologies
- Understating of Security/Compliance requirements such as PCI, FISMA etc.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- Ability to understand business problems and translate these problems into automated and non-automated solutions
- Knowledge of program and system debugging
- People management skills, including the ability to lead, counsel, lead, and motivate staff
- Strong technical skills required to ensure technical solutions are efficient and optimal
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation skills and
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage 4-5 Highly skilled multitalented architects
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and design complex systems with minimum timeframe of four to six months on a given project
- Knowledge and support of departmental standards and guidelines
- Capable of defining / implementing both business & operational performance metrics into the business solutions
- Microsoft Lync Technologies
- LAN/WAN Technologies
- VoIP Telephony systems such as Cisco, Interactive Intelligence
- Contact Center Technologies such as call routing, call recording, call accounting,
Navient - 24 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...