The Technical Audit Analyst provides technical support and assistance to the Corporate Audit department in the execution of audits and reviews. The analyst shares techniques and information with Corporate Audit team to recommend and drive decisions and/or to improve audit operations, educates and assists others with complex tasks, and promotes professional communications, sharing ideas and recommendations with other teams and departments in an effective manner.
• Independently develops database queries (using ACL, Cognos, C8, SQL, SAS or other) in order to assist with audits and/or continuous monitoring activities. Document these queries sufficiently in order to re-perform periodically.
• Trains and assists audit staff in data collection and data analysis methodologies, including running queries and analyzing results.
• Participates in audit planning process in order to identify opportunities for using data analysis techniques to assist in the performance of these audits.
• Works with audit staff to develop strategies for gathering and analyzing data within various areas of the organization. Works with other teams/departments in order to leverage data/queries already in place.
• Directs and develops information-sharing processes within the department to report status and relevant information to executive level management in a clear, concise, and professional format while obtaining insight from staff.
• Manages departmental ad-hoc requests, prioritizing requests to ensure timely and accurate completion.
• Identifies control gaps and cost containment opportunities and model different scenarios based on research of strategic actions. Make recommendations while taking into consideration benefits and product design.
• Works with department leadership to develop tools and utilize computer applications to track and trend information and to drive efficiency within the department, especially those tools and applications that involve complex technical development or are resource-intensive.
• Identifies opportunities for automating routine processes where appropriate and take the initiative to implement them.
• Participates in problem-solving and investigation, analyses, special projects, and research projects as requested.
• Participates in the maintenance of software used within the department
• Develops, maintains, communicates and adheres to defined standards, policies and procedures.
• Maintains a high level of technical knowledge through education and training.
• Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintain high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, IM, Finance or related discipline with a minimum of five years business experience. In lieu of degree, a minimum of eight years of related experience.
• Minimum five years progressive experience performing a similar function, demonstrating expertise in structured analysis and design, user relations, data gathering techniques, written and oral communications and management information systems.
• In-depth knowledge of business intelligence and analytics software (e.g. Cognos, C8, SQL, SAS), relational database, and database management.
• In-depth knowledge of specified database tools, methodologies, and configuration.
• Prior audit experience required.
• Knowledge of Health Plan Claims systems, especially iFacets, preferred.
• Knowledge of ACL a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with customers using particular strength translating user information needs into information for use in the execution of audits and reviews.
• Demonstrated capabilities for completing projects with minimum degree of supervision – ability to work independently.
• Work well with others and participate in meetings/events.
• Desire for continued growth and skill development.
• Ability to perform minimal travel.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 19 months ago