Position Title : Bolting Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Other: Dependant on project requirements. Occasional out of town and overnight travel with or without notice.
Provides technical bolting and torquing services at client sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Torque with clicker wrenches
- Torque with hydraulic torque wrenches
- Stud Tensioning
- Bolt measuring (Ultra Sonics)
- Hydraulic Nut Splitting
- Bolt Calculations of pre-load
- Identify circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
- Work independently and assists other technicians in the field while performing company work.
- Continue to learn and gains experience in the duties of a Hot Tap Technician during daily field work and training sessions.
- Properly use and complete customer and company job related forms and paperwork.
- Properly use, care for and maintain company tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Communicate and deal with customers and other parties in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company.
- Complete all required training, including tests, within Company guidelines.
- Becomes familiar with all Company products and services that are available to our customers.
- Learn and abide by Company policies and procedures.
Perform other related field, maintenance or shop duties as assigned by supervision.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent, technical school or college credits preferred.
- Recent military service with mechanical, instrument, electrical or computer application training and experience; or
- Two (2) years’ experience in an Apprentice Program in the areas listed above; or
- Trade School Degree in an industrially related field; or
- A similar Associate’s Degree; or
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in industrial operations or maintenance preferred.
- P roven ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
- Proven ability to prioritize and complete work assignments by specific deadlines.
- Must possess knowledge of plant maintenance and repair work.
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.