PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provide leadership and to supervise and direct the product planning, design, development and production of high quality communication products (e.g. manuals, proposals, product profile, etc..).
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. To manage the preparations of high quality system manuals, electronic and hydromechanical product manuals, and software manuals for the products and/or systems built by the market and product divisions.
A. System Manuals:
Work pro-actively with AEs and PEs within the market divisions to establish budget and schedules for system manuals.
B. Standard Products (Hardware and Software):
Work with Product Engineers within the market and product divisions of the Business Group to ensure timely and accurate updates and/or enhancements to standard product documentation (product specifications and manuals).
C. New Products (Hardware and Software):
Work with Product Managers and R & D Project Managers within the market and product divisions to plan the development of new product documentation (i.e. communication products to support new software products, electronic, and hydromechanical products).
2. Maintain a realistic and objective understanding of the needs and preferences of the audience base through customer contact, surveys, etc., to ensure consistent conformance to customer expectations of MTS communication products.
3. Work with Marketing Managers within the market divisions to define, plan, and develop new types of communications products (e.g. Product Profiles).
4. Ensure consistency in content and quality of communication products worldwide.
5. Promote, coach, and develop decentralized self-managing teams of writers within the appropriate market and product groups.
6. Establish and standardize style, content, format, quality, and timeliness goals for communication products produced in area of accountability.
7. Provide leadership, direction, and management for developing an environment of leading edge publishing technology. Research, develop, and manage computer hardware and software tools that enable writers to increase quality and productivity, ensuring a strategic competitive advantage.
8. Keep currently informed of new techniques, ideas, and advances in technical communication methods and tools through membership and participation in professional organizations, seminars, conferences, management networks, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field, Communications or English and seven years technical writing/management experience; or
Associates degree in English or Communications/Vo-tech certification in a technical field and eleven years relevant technical writing/management experience.
• Previous supervisory/management experience or completion of an agreed upon supervisory program.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 2 years ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...