Technical Consultant 3 *
This is the big leagues. AT&T is a world leader in communications, business solutions and entertainment. As part of our Business Sales team, you'll work with small to large enterprises as well as government agencies to sell our full-scale business solutions.
Our wireless division serves 95 percent of the Fortune 100 companies and counts more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 1200 federal, state, and local government agencies as customers. Companies and organizations with the most complex networking and communications requirements in the world look to our powerful global IP backbone network, extensive portfolio and expertise to help them increase business velocity by making them more productive, collaborative, competitive, and cost-effective.
You'll be part of the team that walks our customers through AT&T's cutting-edge products, shows them the benefit of our advanced services, and ultimately closes the deal. We aren't just the phone company anymore and you aren't just any sales person.
This could be your chance to join a company that's known for being innovative, successful and ahead of the curve.
With AT&T's history of success and commitment to emerging technologies, this is the ideal sales environment for a professional looking to build an amazing career.
AT&T Technical Consultant 3 is a seasoned industry expert with responsibility for providing technical consultation and technical support to assure successful customer integration and implementation of established company products. As a key resource and partner, Technical Consultant collaborates and contributes to the business unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities requiring moderately complex solutions.
Roles and responsibilities of the AT&T Technical Consultant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consults on technical issues during joint sales call with AT&T sales representatives providing technical support
- Consult with customers in selling and supporting company products and systems
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Support unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities
- Provide technical expertise in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Answer customer inquires concerning system software and applications and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
- Analyze practices, procedures and data to determine answers to technical issues
- Understand, develop and deliver systems/applications solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs
- Follow both standard & unique non-standard practices and procedures in analyzing situation or data from which answers cannot be readily obtained
- May build a mini-application, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping
- Create recommendations, and implements new methods, techniques, and/or procedures
- Position Self and Subject Matter Expert, Mentor and coach
- Lead technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
- Formulate responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning highly complex system software and applications, and provides software development and consultation to prospective users
- May work at customer site, remote response center, corporate location and or other site as needed
- Travel as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Five to seven years of relevant experience
- Five or more years of previous sales engineering and/or technical sales consultation experience
- Full working knowledge of assigned company products and services
- Seasoned in- depth knowledge of functional/process area and considered a subject matter expert.
- Exceptional corporate presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Strategic thinker with sales intelligence, a strong presence and the ability to create, influence, and drive customer vision
- Effective writing skills; ability to support the development of technically focused, solutions-oriented sales proposals
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technology based solutions
- Extensive working knowledge of AT&T company products and services
- In-depth knowledge of functional/process areas
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with internal cross-functional organizations and customers
- Excellent customer communications, interaction and presentation skills are required.
- Must be a team player, who is self-motivated, organized and pays strict attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel as needed
Desired Skills, Experience, Education and Certificaion:
- Seven or more years experience in a similar position within the same industry
- Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams
- Network Engineering and/or Capacity Planning Expertise
- Project Management Experience
- One or more of the following Industry certifications are highly desirable: Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP). Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- BS degree in technical related field, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
Corporate & Business Services
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...