The Technical Consultant performs software development and the configuration/ customization of off-the-shelf enterprise software applications. He/she also provides report development services. This opportunity could be based in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA or in Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Primary Job Functions
- Database development and data structure modification using SQL DDL.
- Report development using Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Access or other reporting tools.
- Customization and/or Enhancement of Business Software Applications including GUI development/customization, report development, script development.
- Development of New Software Applications to meet specific client business objectives. Applications may be client/server, Web-based applications or AutoLISP.
- Data mapping, data manipulation and data migration among various database systems and enterprise applications.
- Development of Data Migration Interfaces to integrate disparate applications/databases using tools such as stored procedures, DTS, scripts.
- Personal Quality Assurance Testing to assure quality of deliverables prior to execution of internal QA testing by assisting team members.
- Participation in the Technical Support Process to ensure best-of-class technical support response and value for our clients.
- Resolution of Technical Support Issues when escalated by the Technical Support Help Desk.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of off-the-shelf and custom software applications in BRG staging as well as customer test and production environments.
- Management of Source Code and Revision/Change Management Processes through the use of Visual Source Safe and other related technology enablers.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Java development and Database Queries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS platforms and SQL including ORACLE, MS SQL Server or Sybase SQL Anywhere.
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages including VB, Cold Fusion. ASP, ASP.NET, HTML, etc.
- Experience in implementing web-based applications for external users
- Solid customer service acumen and interpersonal relationship skills.
- B.S. or B.A. in related discipline or related experience.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of ARCHIBUS, TRIRIGA or other IWMS software.
- Conceptual to working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoLisp and document management.
- Conceptual to working knowledge of Facilities, Real Estate and Asset Management industry and practices.
- Conceptual to working knowledge in Crystal Reports, Business Objects or similar reporting software.
- Experience with networking and infrastructure.
Business Resource Group is a provider of workspace products and services to businesses. The Company markets a full range of new office...