As a Technical Consultant Engineer you are a member of the Professional Services group responsible for leveraging your technology skills in the configuration and deployment of client applications. In the Technical Consultant Engineering role you will design web-based applications based on the Click Research Portal and will partner with clients to leverage the latest industry and technology best practices.
Development will include business logic programming, UI/forms/reports design, workflow design and configuration, and other design and implementation driven by customer specific requirements. This role also participates in the definition and development of the requirements and detailed design for the customer-specific application and therefore will be involved in customer interactions.
- Work closely with project and account management to develop a clear definition of requirements and function required by the client.
- Design, implement, and/or configure customer-specific requirements and functions in the context of Click Research and Healthcare Extranet application suite.
- Document requirements, design, and implementation as required.
- Ensure quality through thorough testing.
- Interact and work closely with Customer Services to deliver follow-on consultancy and services as required, provide technical help/consulting on customer support calls and to help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Interact and work closely with Product Development Team toward objectives of:
- Ensuring design and implementation choices are consistent with best practices and use of the Click Extranet technology
- Providing feedback and direction to Development on product improvement and extension
- Creating function that is reusable and leverageable in the product or in other deployment projects
- Operate within a complex product and business environment requiring the ability to deal with multiple requests. Able to work independently and maintain focus on priority tasks.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science systems or equivalent programming/development experience. (BSCS)
- 1-3 years hands-on web application development/programming with experience in or using:
- Database technology and SQL/query design, preferably using Microsoft SQL Server.
- HTML and XML
- Source code control technology and process; preferably using VSS
- Microsoft Windows; preferably Server
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proficient or experience with Microsoft environment and tools; including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
Huron Consulting was founded in 2001 by Zvi Flanders, ACC, MCP, ACE. Taking the wealth of knowledge obtained from 12 years as IT manager at...