The Technical Consultant's role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Technical Consultant will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required. #LN-EM
The role of the Technical Consultant will also include the ability to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Technical Consultant will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Nextgen Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. NextGen Healthcare complies with the Federal law requiring verification of identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States and adheres to the law to protect your legal right to work.
MAJOR TASKS / ACTIVITES: % TIME SPENT ON ACTIVITY: 100%
- Assist consultants, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Analyze and independently identify complex customer's software requirements.
- Exercise independent judgment to determine the appropriate course of action to be taken based on the analysis performed and all possible solutions.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Provide consulting advice to customers and management.
- Document all analysis and actions. This data is used by management to determine resource requirements and allocations and/or software enhancements necessary and/or customer training curriculum and/or other factors critical to company's operation.
o Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C#.Net.
o Thorough understanding of platforms such as MS SQL Server 2000/2005 and .Net
o Strong written and oral communication skills
o Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
o Healthcare Information Technology experience
NextGen Healthcare - 2 years ago
The next available appointment with your doctor might not be until next July, but NextGen Healthcare Information Systems will help with the...