OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
The Technical Consultant role will be responsible for implementing technical solutions for enterprise customers, as part of OpenText’s ASO (Americas Services Organization) team. This role will be specific within the Customer Communication Management (CCM)/StreamServe line of business at OpenText. The Technical Consultant will work closely with project managers, solution & enterprise architects, and fellow technical consultants, using proven implementation methodologies, to design and deliver best-practice solutions. Conducting blueprint & technical analysis, defining technical requirements & solution overviews, utilizing a creative approach to tackling a customer’s business problems, and having a mindset to hit the ground running, will be expected in order to be successful. The OpenText ASO team strives to deliver implementations on-time, on-budget, and exceed expectations in every customer engagement, as the foundation of a highly successful organization.
- Implement StreamServe technical solutions in all industry verticals for OpenText’s enterprise customer base
- Utilize OpenText’s phase-based implementation methodology across all project work
- Work with OpenText and customer project resources to coordinate requirements, timelines, and completion of milestone deliverables
- Follow a project plan with detailed effort and work, to deliver tasks on a timely basis as established by a Project Manager
- Provide detailed weekly status reports, outlining accomplishments, delays, issues, and action items
- Follow best-practice development techniques, coding standards, and naming conventions to maintain consistency across team
- Deliver professional documentation, solution diagrams, and presentations, following OpenText standards
- Work on multiple project engagements in parallel (internal & external)
- Engage with Product Support teams to log product issues, apply hotfixes, and test new functionality in customer environments
- Learn latest features and remain updated on all functionality of released software versions
- Self-study on business topics, vertical & industry-specific solutions, to perform and interact at a professional level
- Provide informal “brown bag” knowledge sessions to peers
- Enter weekly project time & expenses, submitting all necessary paperwork and reports in a timely manner
- Weekly travel to the customer site as needed
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
- 3+ years of Consulting/Professional Services experience, in delivering software ERP solutions to customers
- Experience in C programming (or similar) required with a strong foundation and understanding of programming concepts
- Implementation experience of full life cycle business systems such as CRM, ERP required (SAP preferred)
- Experience working with SQL database concepts, web to database technology, Client/Server, Distributed Computing technologies, in SQL Server and Oracle database environments
- Development and code deployment experience in Windows and UNIX environments
- Understanding of packaged software implementation methodologies – ability to scope a project, gather requirements, create functional & technical specifications, build & test solutions, deploy go-live
- Ability to multi-task in multiple projects / initiatives at once
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills – ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Professional and customer-centric individual and personality
As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call our toll free number 877-201-7127.
If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
OpenText is the leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
Our EIM products enable businesses to grow faster, lower operational...