Our client, a leader in the financial services industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Technical Consultant to join their esteemed organization on a permanent basis. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The technical consultant is responsible for working with Sales, CTO Architecture, ITPE, Operations and Business stakeholders to develop the end to end technical solution architecture for internal initiatives.
Provides oversight during the execution of internal initiatives both from a technical and approach perspective.
Viewed internally and externally as an industry expert on all technical issues related to Technology Service platforms.
- Assesses and analyses business requirements, current state environment and technology choices to define the end to end solution that meets the client needs.
- Defines end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints.
- Develops and presents solution alternatives along with recommendations to executives and senior management.
- Provides input, guidance and direction for the development and testing approach at a project level.
- Analyses the viability of the solution to meet project timeline, budget and quality.
- Plays the role of the lead technical authority on the project and is responsible for planning all internal activities leading to the development of the overall solution architecture including estimations.
- Identifies technical issues and risks and defines mitigation approach.
- Provides critical thinking, technical leadership to the project right from the sales phase through to execution.
- Works with external clients to define the technical approach based on the clients requirements utilizing the customer requirements document.
- Provide expert advice and counsel to other groups and/or IT project teams on complex technical issues related to "area of specialty"
- Research external environment for best practices, current and emerging technology advances in area or related areas of specialty
- Develop new ways of utilizing "area of specialty" to provide innovative, high impact technical services/solutions that realize significant business results
- Develop standards/protocols for effectively utilizing "area of specialty"
- Develop migration and integration strategies for major systems
- Actively and consistently assists in the evaluation of new technologies and recommends changes to improve operational effectiveness
- Coordinate major problem resolution with software vendors, hardware manufacturers and/or appropriate in-house expertise and project teams.
- Lead the development of technical staff through information sharing in the forms of presentations, technical documents and hands-on mentoring
- Identify, evaluate and recommend process and control solutions to improve risk management
- Develops a Solution Implementation Architecture Document that captures the end to end solution.
- Reviews project level artifacts, PDS and Test Strategy in order to ensure compliance with the Technical Solution approach.
- A University or college degree relevant field.
- 10 + years of related work experience and/or demonstration of the ability to perform at this level based on an exceptional skill set If you or someone you know is interested, please send your resume to Gabe at GNAresume@bagg.com
The Bagg Group - 20 months ago