Senior-level technical editor to perform substantive edits on large volume of highly technical software documentation.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Perform developmental, language, and copy edits on product documentation and other
- Determine levels of edit to meet aggressive schedules and frequent release cycles.
- Edit whole products: HTML content, context-sensitive help, error messages, printed books, Web pages, and other customer-visible documentation.
- Mentor writers to improve clarity, conciseness, and consistency with an online focus.
- Collaborate with writers and on cross-functional teams to help evolve editorial standards and processes.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
- Minimum B.A. in English, Journalism, Communications, or other related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience doing developmental and substantive language edits for technical material, preferably computer software products
- Strong editing skills with the ability to understand technical content, edit for organization and flow, and add value to the usability and quality of the documentation
- Ability to edit with an emphasis on improving online presentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an interest in helping writers to improve their writing skills
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2800 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
- New Graduates & Students
- Eng & Comp Sci (Masters, PhD)
- Comp Sci (Bachelor)
- Recruiting Schedule
- About MathWorks
- Company Overview
- Worldwide Offices
- U.S. Benefits
- Core Values
- Continuous Improvement
- Respect and Invest
- Rational Workplace
- Learning and Self-Improvement
- Credibility and Integrity
- Social Mission
- Investments in Education
- Staff-Driven Initiatives
- Local Community Support
- Green Initiatives
- Disaster Relief
The MathWorks - 11 months ago
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming...