The Sr. Systems Analyst – Escalations role serves as the Tier 3 escalation point for his/her team to solve the most difficult and advanced technical problems for our hosted and managed service clients. Work with other internal experts to develop and consult on best practices and broader company initiatives. Providing a positive customer experience through great communication and follow through is a high priority for this position. This role is also critical for the ongoing mentoring and support of other staff and team members. It is expected that on average 80% of the work will be performed in a remote capacity from our local Austin office, while 20% will be performed on-site directly with our Austin-area clients.
This position requires advanced technical knowledge along with a solid understanding of all corporate agreements, product/service offerings, and tools and technologies used to meet service level commitments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide level 3 escalation expertise for client issues and other staff. Exercise strong judgment to determine the appropriate course of action and follow issues to resolution.
- Contribute to a customer-focused environment by providing consistent, clear & timely communication to team members and clients on issue status and action plans.
- Provide regular team or group training, leading a minimum of 2 formal trainings per year.
- Maintain, create and improve knowledge base documents for essential business technologies.
- Act as a role model and mentor to further promote the skills of team members.
- Contribute to information sharing and team-based resolution activity via daily huddles and team meetings.
- Handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Interface and represent the company in a professional and positive manner via email, phone and/or face-to-face interactions with clients.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in multiple technologies.
- Maintain an average billing/productivity of 60-70%.
- Assist with departmental project initiatives as needed.
- Maintain departmental service levels, ticketing system notes, and time entries according to written procedures.
- Monitor progress toward company milestones, project implementation, and ongoing task completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
mindSHIFT Technologies has an interactive, fast-paced work environment. Responsibilities may occasionally require an adjusted work schedule and/or evening/weekend hours in order to satisfy customer needs and position requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Sr. Systems Analyst – Escalations must also submit to and pass a comprehensive criminal background check and drug screen before a final offer of employment can be made.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: This position requires at least 6 years’ experience in systems deployment and troubleshooting in both simple and complex networks. A bachelor’s degree or continued education is desired but not required. Expert knowledge in deployment and troubleshooting of multiple technologies and/or vendors is a must.
o Expert knowledge is required in at least 2 of the following types of technologies:
§ Exchange 2003/2007/2010 and mail routing
§ Microsoft infrastructure: BU & Recovery, AD, DHCP, Logon scripts etc.
§ Cisco/other – routing and security: VLAN, policy based routing, DMZ, encryption
§ VM Ware – Vcenter, VMotion
o Additional expertise in the following areas is a plus:
§ SAN – HP/DELL/EMC
§ Citrix, XenApp, Terminal Server
§ Clustering – Exchange / SQL / Windows
§ Powershell / scripting
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and present information to others and access information using a computer for several hours at a time. Employee must be able to bend and squat, and may occasionally be asked to lift up to 50 pounds of supplies and/or equipment. Employees must have mobility throughout the office and may frequently drive or ride up to 60 miles to client sites and/or other service locations.
- EMOTIONAL DEMANDS: The employee must be emotionally mature and be able to handle difficult and complex client and work-related situations. Candidates must possess strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. They must be self-driven and possess a positive mental attitude.
- INTELLECTUAL DEMANDS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. Candidates must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. They must exhibit an ability to professionally write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. They must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. They must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, vendors, employees, and the general public. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to understand and apply standard, high school-level mathematical concepts for the purposes of measuring departmental statistics.