OPPORTUNITY: Data Manager (Technical Data Manager) |
LOCATION: Chantilly, Virginia
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Data Manager performs technical tasks in the context of clinical trials and specialized laboratory work. The Data Manager communicates with internal and external clients regarding database set-up and data publishing, performs the appropriate QC controls according to global procedures and works with IT, Project Management, and the Laboratory staff to ensure a smooth data flow during the execution of clinical trials and specialized laboratory work. The main activities are:
- Set-up and configuration of databases for clinical trials for the laboratory and invoicing.
- The receipt and integration of data from 3rd parties.
- The set-up and maintenance of processes used to publish data from application databases.
- The execution of the publishing software for the generation of data destined for the end customers, internally and externally.
- Troubleshooting of data-related issues with software applications used in execution of clinical studies.
- Performs the correct and complete data load of data from LIMS to website databases including data validation checks.
- Performs data mapping in in-house systems to support the set-up of invoicing.
- Writes and executes SAS scripts/programs to load data from file/database, sanitize as needed and upload to reporting/invoicing database.
- Maintains monthly activities for a database developed for special microbiology data (Oracle).
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical data processing issues as necessary.
- Assists with other Data Management activities, including but not limited to data cleaning and data validation.
- Follows global standard operating procedures and ensures appropriate documentation of performed activities.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Programming capabilities, including exceptional understanding of SQL and SAS programming.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases (using SQL and via SAS).
- Scripting to do data extraction and conversion.
- Analytical skills to understand data models and complex data structures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools is required.
- Previous experience working in healthcare, pharmaceutical or clinical trials industry is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- The Data Manager shall have at 3 years of experience working with SAS programming and database systems.
- Working knowledge of FDA 21 CFR Part 11 documentation requirements, clinical trials and validation of automated data systems to FDA standards and understanding clinical drug trial protocols are strongly preferred.
- Education Desired:
- B.S or B.A degree or its equivalent in years of work experience is required.
At Eurofins Global Central Laboratory, laboratory science is our sole focus. With over 20 years of experience and scientific expertise, we utilize our global central laboratories to continually attain the most cost effective and efficient solutions for your clinical trial needs.
We are dedicated to providing all laboratory testing needed in clinical trials and have developed one of the broadest testing portfolios available in the pharmaceutical industry today. By combing all laboratory testing in one project, we offer synergetic benefits with regard to turnaround time of results, harmonized procedures, logistics, and reporting.
Eurofins operates one of the industry's leading central laboratories worldwide, supporting clinical trials in more than 50 countries across six continents. Eurofins Global Central Laboratory supports its customers with 6 wholly-owned facilities in the United States, Europe, India, Singapore and China. With three central laboratories operating in the Asia‑Pacific region, Eurofins Global Central Laboratory is considered as one of the top central laboratory organizations in the world.
Eurofins Global Central Laboratory is part of Eurofins US, a network of commercial testing laboratories strategically located throughout the United States. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, but with several location through the US and Europe, our scientific staff has many years of experience with a broad range of laboratory testing methods from wet chemistry to Real-time Quantitative PCR to microbiological analyses. Our goal is to be the bioanalytical testing company of choice for the US food, feed, pet food, animal health, dietary supplement, pharmaceutical, and biotech industries.
Eurofins US offers exciting career opportunities, comprehensive benefits, and a fun and rewarding work environment. We strive to have the best people in the right roles at all times, ensuring the success of the organization and our employees. Our full-time benefits include comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and paid time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins US, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins US is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
See Job Description
CareerBuilder - 22 months ago