As a Technical Designer you’ll work within Trek’s apparel team to provide both technical and design direction for cycling apparel. This position will also be responsible for defining aspects of construction, form, fit, and function, while meeting criteria for product features, cost, manufacturability, and project schedules.
- Taking 2D designs from creative designers and developing tech packs for manufacturing vendors.
- Conducting fit and construction evaluations.
- Ensuring proper design transfer to vendors and monitoring production timelines, communicating appropriately with suppliers on any issues that may arise.
- Sourcing of fabrics, materials, trims, and bindings.
- Evaluation and monitoring of supplier quality.
- Collaborating with creative designers, project managers, product managers and suppliers throughout development process.
- Producing high quality design illustrations for review, planning and catalog presentation.
- Experience with apparel technical design, construction, and sourcing of materials.
- 5+ years of technical apparel design/development experience in sport fashion or technical apparel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator
- Proven successful experience working with internal & external designers, project managers, apparel factories, product managers, and brand managers.
Trek has created a interesting and well-written history entitled "A Trek through Time – The History of Trek Bicycles". It appeared on the...