Express is a specialty apparel and accessories retailer of women's and men's merchandise, targeting the 20 to 30 year old customer. The Company has over 30 years of experience offering a distinct combination of fashion and quality for multiple lifestyle occasions at an attractive value addressing fashion needs across work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. The Company currently operates more than 600 retail stores, located primarily in high-traffic shopping malls, lifestyle centers, and street locations across the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and also distributes its products through the Company's e-commerce website, www.express.com.
Role Statement :
The Technical Designer Dresses is responsible for the garment uniformity and consistency as it pertains to fit, construction and quality. Interfaces with all cross functional teams and global partners. Ensures product is consistent with Express standards and production timelines are met.
1. Collaborate with Designers and Merchants to determine fit and aesthetic details.
2. Create and update tech packs in Web PDM and Micrografix.
3. Lead/attend fit sessions with designers and merchants, proposing alternative methods of construction or components.
4. Approve fit, trim components and construction of garments within development and production timelines.
5. Ensure labeling, marketing and packaging requirements are compliant with Express standards.
6. Partners with vendors on trim lab testing results, compliant with Express standards.
7. Monitor and track the status of all development and production styles.
8. Communicates fit comments and corrections to global technical partners, factories, vendors and QC.
9. Interfaces with the Pre-Production and Production teams to ensure all deadlines are met.
10. Collaboration with Design Trim Manager and Garment Marketing Manager.
11. Interfaces with New York Product Development (NYPD) and Merchant teams to determine critical development needs.
12. Attend weekly production and �product team workshop� (PTW) meetings to gain cross functional alignment.
13. Partners with the technical supervisor and Patternmaker to initiate block pattern development and resolve pattern issues.
14. Attends the milestone meetings when applicable.
15. Daily communication and follow through with cross functional and global partners.
16. Consistent/continuous prioritization of workload and tasks.
17. Factory assessment and onboarding.
18. Prepare various garments for fit sessions and meetings.
19. Assists in department�s pattern prioritization.
20. Ability to research and resolve quality issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
� Knowledge of Dresses- construction and patternmaking.
� A trained eye for proportion and balance as well as aesthetic detail.
� Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
� Ability to multitask.
� Product risk assessment skills.
� Proactive on problem solving and resolution oriented.
� Ability to lead through clear and consistent actions.
� Ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
� Accountable to follow through on a task from beginning to end.
� Ability to influence in a cross functional team environment.
� Ability to self manage/work independently.
� Coaching and mentoring skills for direct reports
� Proficiency in computer skills:
Work Experience and Education:
- Web PDM
- Adobe Illustrator
� 5 years technical design experience -prior focus on Dresses
� College degree or equivalent work experience.
Special Physical Requirements:
� Light lifting.
� Ability to lift mannequin form when evaluating proper fit.
� Occasional transporting of samples.
� Domestic and International travel as needed.
An equal opportunity employer, Express, LLC does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Express, LLC only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Express Fashion - 19 months ago