- Dresses + women's RTW (Salary 75-85k)
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that quality fit, desired appearance, and company quality standards are met and maintained, including managing all aspects of technical garment specification development and technical fit comment as appropriate by Brand. Works closely with production manager to enhance and evolve processes and procedures as business evolves; broaden technical knowledge and expertise, while continually striving to elevate the quality of the product.
- Collaborate with designers and production manager to determine fit and aesthetic details.
- Utilize software, digital photos, and technical sketches as a tool of communicating to vendor partners.
- Conduct weekly production fittings
- Approve fit, and construction of garments within the development and production timelines, under the direction of design and production teams. Issues standard grade rules in preparation for bulk production.
- Work with Design and Production teams to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with peer teams on matters pertaining to specs, pattern, construction methods and techniques to improve fit, balance, and overall quality of the garment.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in the apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline.
- Extensive knowledge in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit.
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Momentis PLM experience preferred.
SBH Fashion, Inc. - 18 months ago