Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Do you want to be part of a team that cares about you? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As a Technical Director, you will direct and coordinate activities of workers engaged in supporting computer operations during various transition phases at new or existing accounts. You will support the CIO or other leadership by directly managing internal and/or client employees at the client location to appropriately set expectations and meet deliverables.
You will add value by:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities may include:
• Develop policies and procedures, based on industry best practices, necessary to carry out day to day computer operations and ensure business continuity at the client location.
• Development of high-level annual and/or multi-year tactical plans.
• Provide leadership and employee management, including skill evaluation and remediation planning. Coordinate tasks and staff assignments based on established priorities to ensure efficient operation.
• Provide project implementation oversight to ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
• Establish change management processes, as needed, for coordinating technology upgrade and maintenance activities with all business units.
• Evaluate data security profile and make recommendations for improvement.
• Evaluate new software or hardware requests and make cost-effective recommendations based on industry standards, cost/benefit analysis, and compatibility with existing environment, software, or hardware.
What we need from you:
• Communication and presentation skills – written and oral. Ability to participate on non-technical committees and represent the status of technical projects in language that academic and administrative staff can easily understand.
• Technical staff management and team-building experience – staff of 3 or more.
• Project management experience – complex implementations or upgrades involving coordination of multiple vendors or departments, with a project budget greater than $100,000.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Collaborative approach to problem-solving, including use of remote teams/staff.
• Broad knowledge/understanding of current technology trends and support requirements
• Senior-level hands-on technical skills and abilities – Microsoft OS and Windows Apps and services
• Formal Project Management training and/or certification
• Formal ITIL or other standards-based training and/or certification
• Report Development – ability to pull statistics out of various monitoring tools and appliances and create high-level client-facing reports on system status
• Experience in the education industry, knowledge of higher education business practices/processes
• Experience in a leadership role that included: staff mentoring, directing staff professional development, conflict resolution, and hiring.
Ellucian. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...