Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you pride yourself on being a subject matter expert? Do you want to be part of a team that cares about you? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, and medical benefits that start on your first day – and that’s just the beginning. Come join us as a Technical Director.
You will add value by:
• Working directly with the CIO to maintain strategic direction of computer operations and instructional technology and to manage computer operations personnel.
• Providing overall operational direction and management to the onsite technical team as well as providing Network, Microsoft Active Directory, Mobile Technology, Phone and Server support services to the institution.
• Planning and developing the day-to-day policies and procedures necessary to carry out computer operations at the client location.
• Managing all network operations, Data Center servers and CISCO VOIP phone system.
• Meeting with subordinates and supervisors to discuss progress of work, resolve problems and ensure that standards and quality of work are met.
• Adjusting hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operations based on workload.
• Reviewing daily logs and reports to detect recurring slowdowns, errors or information security concerns.
• Consulting with software and hardware vendors and other personnel to solve problems impeding computer processing.
• Working with communications contractors for voice and data communications and low voltage requirements.
• Directing and coordinating activities in the area of Disaster Recovery.
• Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Consulting with management and reviewing project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing administrative computing project, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
• Developing project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allocation of available resources.
• Formulating and defining technical scope and objectives of project; identifying and scheduling project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
• Coordinating recruitment or assignment of project personnel; assigning duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel; directing and coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Conferring with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
• Coordinating and responding to requests for changes from original specifications.
What we need from you:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 - 7 years of management and/or leadership experience within IT Service Management and general industry experience.
• In-depth technical knowledge of networks, servers, CISCO VOIP, and virtual infrastructure.
• Ability to set and change priorities amongst multiple competing constituencies.
• Can-do attitude.
• Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude to provide exceptional service to end-users and functional departments.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and staff.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, project management and written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with project management, Cisco Network equipment, Cisco Call Manager, Mobile Technology, Packeteer, VMWare and Microsoft Active Directory.
• Working knowledge of IT Operations.
• Supervisory and project management experience.
• Conflict management skills.
• High degree of creativity.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
Ellucian. - 14 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...