Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As Technical Director, you will be responsible for directing and coordinating activities of workers engaged in network services operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian.
You will add value by:
• Plans and develops the day to day policies and procedures at the client location necessary to carry out computer operations.
• Assists the CIO in providing leadership and employee management on site.
• Meets with subordinate supervisors to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met. Subordinate supervisors may include: Network Manager, Directors of Administrative & Academic Computing and User Services Manager.
• Adjusts hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on work load.
• Reviews daily logs and reports to detect recurring slowdowns or errors.
• Consults with software and hardware vendors and other establishment workers to solve problems impeding computer processing.
• Meets with users to determine quality of service and identify needs.
• Meets with data processing managers to determine impact of proposed changes in hardware or software on computer operations and service to users.
• Evaluates new software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing software and hardware.
• Evaluates proposed data processing projects to assess adequacy of existing hardware, and recommends purchase of equipment.
• Develops budget and monitors expenditures.
• Assures contract compliance by working with groups providing services to allow for successful accomplishment of contract deliverables.
• Facilitates, provides input to, and directs strategic (long range) and tactical (annual) information technology plans.
• Coordinates all project plans at the account from Ellucian and third party staff. Ensures that the combination of project plans meets expectations of the client.
• Monitors service delivery and works with senior managers to effectively address any staffing related issues.
• Assists in the performance evaluations of staff as requested.
• Remains aware of new directions in trends in academia and technology within our markets.
• Implements, promotes, and enforces company policy, methodologies, procedures, and practices at site location.
• Based on client’s acceptance of how services are provided at the site, responsibilities in this area may include interviewing, hiring, training, and terminating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What we need from you:
• Five years progressive managerial experience in information technology.
• Three years experience in project management.
• Three plus years of Colleague ERP experience
• Three years experience in higher education.
• Demonstrated business, client management, personnel management, and budgeting skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization with multiple directives.
• Responsibility for Work of Others: Management oversight for site-based projects.
• Travel Requirements: Light.
• Desired Qualifications: PMP certification, ITIL v3 certification, CISM certification, Master’s Degree
Ellucian. - 14 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...