Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. distributing games in over 75 countries. Gameloft is currently seeking a Technical Director to join our New Orleans studio. The right candidate will have a senior-level technical and game development background. The Technical Director is responsible for the entire studio programming department in close relationship with the studio manager, producers and worldwide technical director, ensuring projects are delivered on time while targeting the best experience and quality. As part of an already established team your mission will be to drive and participate in the development of all our 3D and 2D projects on multiple platforms iOS/Android/Web/etc.
- Remarkable leadership, communication and team management skills
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Able to produce results under tight schedules
- Able to optimize code size and speed to take full advantage of the capabilities of each platform
- Methodical and structured programming technique
- Keen personal interest in video games with a solid knowledge of the field
The Technical Director will be responsible for all technical architecture and processes choices, supervise and participate in all aspects of projects from staffing to technology/tools, recommend solutions and approve plans, work with other studio technical directors to improve the company programming standards and engines, manage the programming team including employee’s performance evaluation and code reviews, provide active participation in recruitment (CV and portfolio sorting; test corrections; interviews; etc.), provide expertise in design/programming/debugging/optimization, offer exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills; program all the different game modules, program the necessary tools for other teams, and work closely with other departments to set restrictions in the game and implement each element.
Essential skill requirements for this position include:
- Senior level C++ skills
- Experience with iPhone, PS3, XBOX, PSP, DS or Online Gaming
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced knowledge in 3D programming (OpenGL or DirectX)
- 6+ years’ experience in programming
- 4+ years’ experience in the video game industry
- Organized, independent, and a leader;
- Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the process needed to make a game
Benefits & Perks @ Gameloft New Orleans
- Exceptional library of diverse games with broad distribution.
- We are a fun and creative team in a cultured and dynamic city.
- Our offices are casual and the environment is relaxed.
- The work is truly both challenging and rewarding.
- We are paving new ground everyday in the areas of mobile gaming.
- We pay the entire premium for medical, dental and vision for employees
- 401K with match program
- Pre-tax parking program
- Free bagels on Wednesdays
- 20 paid days off each year, 25 after 3 years, 30 after 5 years and 35 after 8 years.
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible core hours
- Game room
All qualified candidates must pass a technical test as part of the interview process for this position.
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 6,000 developers. Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Gameloft - 14 months ago