Lexington Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Boston Capital, is looking for a Technical Director who has managed software development teams and has experience collaboratively defining the strategic direction of software products and services. We are looking for a technology leader who can align technical strategy with business strategy, establish engineering best practices, continue some hands on development with our experienced engineering team, and foster a creative and collaborative environment. As Technical Director you will be accountable for technical strategy, software delivery, quality, maintenance, and cost.
- Oversee all software development in the company and manage software engineers
- Facilitate project planning and story estimation with team leads
- Collaborate with team leads to design and develop efficient and flexible web application architectures using best of breed technologies and techniques
- Ensure that we adhere to the most proven and pragmatic development practices
- Establish and maintain toolsets used to assist in the development process
- Set goals and milestones for the team to encourage personal growth and allow team members to succeed
- Cultivate a collaborative and flexible environment where individuals can communicate freely, are open to new ideas, and are able to do their best work
- Communicate effectively with senior management, peers, the engineering team, and clients.
- Experience leading software development teams through successful and unsuccessful deliveries
- Strong skill in Enterprise Java, Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong framework skills (Spring and Hibernate)
- Understanding of current trends in developing well-architected frontend heavy web applications
- Familiar with Agile project management techniques
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Have a passion for quality and attention to detail
- User experience design, including wireframes, storyboards, and use cases is a plus
Technologies We Work With
- Enterprise Java, Groovy (Spring and Hibernate)
- Microsoft SQL Server
Visit www.lexington-solutions.com to learn more about Lexington Solutions.