NFL Media is seeking a Production Technical Director at its facility in Culver City, California. The ideal candidate will have experience in live multi-camera television productions. This person requires strong technical experience to control a live television broadcast working in concert with the director, switching multiple sources including cameras, switcher effects and graphics.
Duties include the following
• Direct technical aspects of newscasts and other productions, live and pre-recorded, checking and switching between video sources.
• Take responsibility for technical elements of the on-air product, including camera shots, graphics, and video monitor feeds.
• Provide technical leadership to ensure the smooth operations of technical services and equipment during show production.
• Oversee set-up and operation of studio equipment including camera, audio, video, and lighting.
• Monitors all technical aspects during production to ensure that programs conform to NFL Network policies and regulations.
• Act as liaison between production and engineering to advise or directly resolve technical problems during production.
• Confirm with team that all show elements are loaded and properly prepared for show production (i.e. switcher files, graphics, video elements, prompter).
• Work in concert with Director to execute the show live to air, or pre-recording, without error.
• Test equipment in order to ensure proper operation.
• Observe pictures through monitors, and direct camera and video staff concerning shading and composition.
• Supervise and assign duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of television programs.
• Technical crew leader responsible for ensuring that the technical crew follows all company requirements and directives relative to workplace safety, attendance, and job performance.
• Minimum 5 years major market switching experience.
• Experience with switching programs in live talk show format.
• Experience with Sony 800 switcher, Fast Forward with Lance control, nVision router system.
• Must be familiar with ENPS News Production System and Riedel Artist PL system.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Apple software and hardware.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong background in television studio and remote production.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
National Football League - 15 months ago
The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American football league that constitutes one of the four major professional sports...