As a Technical Director at OLSON you play a key role in driving innovative and effective user experience online. If you have an incredible passion for Web development. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of all technical aspects of a project within the Interactive department. This includes leading a team of developers assigned to your group.
Connection Is All That Counts.
- 20% Lead strategic planning for web development. This might include application architecture, object design, database schema design, white papers, application reviews, and gathering technical requirements. Maintain project plan, technical specifications and functional requirements for all projects.
- 20% Build successful relationships with internal and external clients to drive adoption of technical solutions and resulting revenue streams.
- 20% Aid in the "hands-on" development of technical solutions for client projects.
- 20% Manage and oversee the development team (as large as eight people) to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- 10% Assist project managers to estimate development of application features, create a schedule for the development process, and assign resources to accomplish those tasks.
- 10% Address technology needs of the agency, department and individuals. This would include R&D and spearheading internal efforts. Also, pro actively building relationships with vendors and growing talent pool of potential hires and freelances. On an individual level this would include day-to-day mentoring and addressing training needs.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Four or more years experience working with database servers such as Microsoft SQL or Oracle.
- Three or more years experience using Web 2.0 technologies like Flash, Flex and AJAX.
- Two or more years of Microsoft .NET experience with VB and C#.
- Two or more years of Java experience with IBM Websphere, BEA Weblogic and ATG Dynamo.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum of six or more years of relevant development experience.
- Minimum of three or more years of experience as technical lead on large Web based projects.
- Minimum of three or more years of both server-side web development and rich client-side technologies.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance organizational workload.
Olson - 13 months ago