The candidate will be required to assist Project team(s) in managing drawings/ documents and setup of project requirements, focusing on Client and Project expectations and needs, utilizing quality assurance according to Document Management model, and managing the assigned group of Project TDC controllers to its maximum potential. At this level the employee is expected to educate and mentor its team members to handle technical documents as per TDC Best Practices and established controls. This position reports to TDC Divisional Supervisor or Project Technical Services Lead directly (subject to Home Office or Site-based assignment accordingly).
- Interface with Engineering, Work Face Planning, Construction, Procurement and Project Management teams to make sure that all information flow, document storage and distribution is as per project document control protocol and in line with the divisional Technical Document Control model/ processes.
- Work with the external engineering company (Client and/ or Vendor) to address any document requests/ discrepancies, if any, and ensure timely delivery of engineering data to Project planning and construction teams
- Supervise and coach Technical Document Control Administrators and Coordinators; provide daily on-the-job mentoring to ensure team’s compliance to the defined processes and procedures, and improve team’s efficiency and quality of processed documents.
- Ensure all TDC controlled areas, including document meta-data, are setup as per Project expectations/ specific Client requirements. Meet and review requirements with Technical Services Lead or TDC Supervisor to ensure the needs of the Quality group are met.
- Drive continuous improvement initiative within the Program/ Project team by implementing new designs to Project document templates meant for document verification, distribution, tracking, filing, and recommending other enhancements to improve quality and productivity
- Receive and process engineering documentation, and analyze its meta-data needs/ pre-requisites as required
- Ensure accurate Field drawing packages are prepared for distribution to construction, report any findings/ issues to WFP Coordinator as per process
- Assist with the preparation of the Final Turnover/ Closeout binders and its distribution to the Client TDC
- Scan, file, maintain and update Project technical documents and its meta-data to ensure its accuracy and quality
- Perform self-audits of the assigned document control team to ensure processes are procedures are being followed. Ensure timely resolution of any deficiencies.
- Perform Quality inspections and audits of vendor applied documents
- Review the Client Quality & Technical Services Audit Report and its findings; perform the auditor’s recommendations and document the update.
- Support and report on Key Performance Indicators and other progress/ status parameters for the document control team
- Assist the Technical Services Lead with the evaluation/ performance review of all TDC direct reports
- Minimum of College diploma / certificate required
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years document management experience with manual and electronic document management systems/ engineering DM technology
- Advanced ability to read and understand drawings and documentation is essential
- Proven proficiency with engineering terminology and technical document control function/ process within an EPC or construction company
- Proven communication, organizational and team management skills
- Previous experience with staff supervision and planning required
- Intermediate to Advanced Skills with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Adobe Professional, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), SharePoint / Homebase (site management)
- Analytical and forward thinker; independent work ethic and at the same time, ability to be a strong team player with a ‘hands on’ attitude to cooperate effectively in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of other Document Management Systems (DMS) is an asset
URS Flint would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage you to keep up to date on our current Career Opportunities by visiting our website or calling 1-866-463-5468 .
URS Canada - 10 months ago
URS Flint is a leading provider of an expanding range of integrated products and services for the oil and gas industry including: production...