Technical Editor - Elizabeth City, NC
DLS Engineering Associates, Inc, a government engineering logistics services firm, is seeking qualified candidates for a potential full-time Technical Editor for aircraft publications in support of the Coast Guard’s Aviation Logistics Center in Elizabeth City, NC.
The Technical Editor will provide support for the development and revision of technical publications, to include development of budget estimates for publishing manuals and preparation of government printing order documents. The Technical Editor will maintain aircraft publications, Illustrated Parts Catalogues (IPCs), Maintenance Procedure Cards (MPCs), and Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs).
The tech editing requirements will include, but are not limited to:
The Technical Editor will be responsible for preparing new manuals (writing, editing, and formatting) and related data using Government provided source material or materials developed by contractors. When required by task order, the Tech Editor will provide new technical data to be processed, prepared, and delivered in a format defined by specific delivery orders. The Tech Editor shall process, prepare, and deliver technical information using the format specified by each delivery order.
- Maintenance Manuals
- Overhaul Manuals
- Structural Repair Manuals
- Illustrated Parts Catalogues
- Flight Manuals
- Tool and Equipment Manuals
- Wiring Manuals
- Manual Supplements
- Commandant Instructions and Process Guides
- Other documents as required
- 4 years of experience as a technical writer/editor of Coast Guard manuals, instructions, or related technical and administrative publications
- Ability to author technical and operational documentation, reports, and recommendations using Arbortext Epic Editor (SGML), Microsoft Word, and Power Point.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Coast Guard maintenance or training background
We are an established and growing service provider in the government industry. We are dedicated to our mission of providing business...