Proofpoint is hiring Technical Engagement Engineer. The successful candidate will join an engineering product team responsible for several key Proofpoint services. The Technical Engagement Engineer will work closely with customers and the engineering team to facilitate the optimal solutions for customers as well as drive technical projects internally and externally. Strong technical and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to assume ownership and drive issues to completion are the key success factors.
Successful candidates will have a solid technical foundation, especially related to Linux and messaging, a proven track record of successfully interfacing with clients on both technical and non-technical levels, experience driving projects to completion with little direction, and above all a passion for ensuring a top quality client experience.
Responsibilities include: Provide ongoing and proactive technical leadership to strategic customers.Manage and monitor all engineering interactions, serving as an internal advocate for customers. Responding to customer escalations, and proactively escalating when needed.
- Working with technical support, operations and engineering teams to ensure timely resolution, while communicating effectively with the customer.
- Oversee and spearhead special projects as directed.
- Maintain deep practical technical knowledge of Proofpoint’s integration within the customer's environment, including network, security, systems administration, and messaging management.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive strategy to meet complex customer requirements utilizing Proofpoint’s solutions.
- Provide proactive recommendations that support the customer's requirements, roadmap and ongoing technical needs.
- Identify and prioritize short term and long term goals.
- Plan and lead process improvement initiatives tailored to improve customer satisfaction with the services and interaction with the Proofpoint Team.
- Plan, document, and identify risks and challenges for production changes that span multiple services or technologies.
- Communicates effectively with peers and manager alike to ensure the highest quality of delivered support.
- Interacts with team members, product management and other design groups regarding project level issues.
- Provides regular, proactive communication regarding project assignments, scheduling, design issues, and problems.
- Seeks and gives technical assistance across project boundaries. Acts as a resource within department on their area of expertise.
- Receives limited direction and requires little supervision on assigned tasks.
- Works independently on routine tasks..
- Responsible for scheduling own time and for quality completion of multiple tasks within a varying environment of changing constraints.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of industry experience in an client/professional services, sales engineer, senior support engineer, IT operations management, or senior engineer role with exposure to multiple technology areas
- Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies, specifically email and networking
- Working knowledge of Linux, SMTP, databases and networks.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Very strong customer service and excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- A history of successfully leading and directing technical staff through crisis situations
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
- Working knowledge of project management and strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently